What is a Thai billion?

Yes, the definition of billion is 1,000 million.

However, in Thai there is no term for "billion," you have to say "phan laan" (พันล้าน). The highest that Thai numerical units go is โà¸Âà¸Âิ (kout) which means "ten million"...but it's kind of rare and some Thais may not know it, or be unsure of its actual meaning.

Numbering System,is the same...

USD, Pound or Baht, 1,000 Million is a Billion.

In Sweden the word biljon (Swedish) is 1 000 000 million while the Anglosaxon billion is "miljard".

I suppose there could be other languages with similar differences.

Numbering System' date='is the same...

USD, Pound or Baht, 1,000 Million is a Billion.[/quote']

In Sweden the word biljon (Swedish) is 1 000 000 million while the Anglosaxon billion is "miljard".

I suppose there could be other languages with similar differences.

I think your confusing translation, with numbering.

1,000,000,000 = Billion translates Miljard

1,000,000,000,000 = Trillion translates Biljon

The original question was USD, GBP totally English.

Actually I wasn't confusing anything. I was merely pointing out that using what is basically the same word for different numbering in different languages could cause confusion.

Original Poster said:

"The American' billion is a thousand million but the British billion is a million million."

I agree with you, and it maybe the problem, of original poster, not a native English speaker. So, my reply, in English both American and British English, it is the same 1,000 Million, is a Billion, or in English a Billion Baht.

Like you said, Biljon a similiar word to a Billion, translates to a Trillion, in English.

Big number translation:

http://www.mathcats.com/explore/reallybignumbers.html

Archived