Luggage

yfs

I bought a President brand hard sided suitcase from an MBK retailer a while back. I've made 3 transpacific flights since then. On two of the three flights, wheels have been broken off.

Is this luggage brand just garbage? Or maybe I bought a cheap knock off of a cheap brand?

Any recommendations for suitcases?

I bought a President brand hard sided suitcase from an MBK retailer a while back. I've made 3 transpacific flights since then. On two of the three flights, wheels have been broken off.

Is this luggage brand just garbage? Or maybe I bought a cheap knock off of a cheap brand?

Any recommendations for suitcases?

Wat airline?

How much weight in the suitcase?

As for me, from Bangkok to Los Angeles there is no problem. From Los Angles to Arizona is when all the damage gets done.

If you don't mind spending the money, Briggs & Riley guarantee their bags for life. And unlike other lifetime warranties, like Travelpro for example, Briggs & Riley don't care if you damaged it, if it's wear, or if the airlines damaged it, they will repair it free, no questions asked (go check their warranty online). You can take it to any of their authorized repair locations without any repair number or paper from Briggs & Riley and the location will just do it for you.

I just came back from LOS, had an 18 year old Briggs & Riley Duffel / dive bag. It was loaded with dive gear and other stuff and probably overweight, etc. Anyway, the Airlines (don't know if it was Delta or Nok Air) tore the slats off the bottom. When I returned to USA, found the closest repair center (about 23 miles away), took it there and now it looks nice and new.

This being said, many of the other lifetime warranties (like Travelpro, and I like them and own a couple), will repair if it's NOT wear & tear or airline damage. Sometimes it's a sticy argument of responsibility. Anyway, do a search on the Briggs and Riley warranty in comparison to anyone. Not sure if you can buy them in BKK, maybe in some of the upscale luggage departments like Central in Chitlom or Paragon. Otherwise look for them in the US or Europe. They will also drop ship new ones to most countries, but unfortunately, not to Thailand.

Good luck.

You bought it in MBK and worry it might be a cheap knock off??

Cheap I knew, but a knock off? Who would know? I figured the brand was just a local Thai brand.

I'm going to look in to Briggs & Riley.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived