Good place for Contact Lenses?

TheCorinthian

LK, thanks for the clarification. As you mentioned Better Vision does'nt have huge choice, usually about 3 or 4 brands as I remember? But I use focus dailies so am quite happy with their selection from my point of view. Don't think I'd quite suit purple lenses either?!

Simie.

Years ago I wore contacts, until my distance vision slowly corrected itself as I got older. (From about 20/150 I'm back to 20/40.)

Lots of Thai shops have Bausch & Lomb lenses almost dirt cheap. If you have your presciption, buy a couple of the sets at maybe 1,000 to 1,500 baht a box. (I think there were 4 pairs in a set.) I used to buy hospital type saline bottles to use when cleaning them. I tried to buy a bottle in the States once - and got asked for my prescription. A prescription for saline solution??? They told me I needed one. :(

p.s. The shops just west of Wat Mahathat - between Thamasat and Silpakorn universities - is where i bought them. There are maybe six such shops in a row. The lenses were often made in Germany, but sometimes came from Korea or Singapore. Once I even got some Irish-made lenses.

Archived