Christmas Lunch 2010 ??

MooNoi

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At ND's place, somewhere hidden in deep Isaan, there was lots of food and lots of kids.

It's not living like God in France, but it's close.

Menu?

We had Spanish Jambon with green olives, bbq steaks, mixed salad, som tam, a huge bowl of shrimps, pasta, bbq brochettes, special oven pasta covered with mozarella and unknown things underneath, I guess there were several kinds of drinks: beers, tonic coke etc but I brought a 5l brick of red wine from France (No Darling did NOT drink most of it)

ND demonstrated how to get the last drops of wine out of a brick and the after usage as an exploding balloon.

I also brought a bottle of Pastis and strangely enough ND used to get drunk on Pastis in a previous life.

Special desert was made by God himself, a wonderful chocolate cake.

ND's place is the real Isaan wooden house, inn this case two connected houses, much open upstairs giving the winds free access to refresh the place continuously (when there is wind uberhaupt)

Later in the afternoon the girls (kids) gave a dancing show, a farang drove the kids around the village in his truck etc.

A good time was had far away from the hiso Bangkok restaurants.

Cav - yesterday was a bit of a surprise, had a bunch of Farangs come for Xmas, I was originally expecting only one couple so really good quite a few more came! More coming tomorrow as well which is fun for the season.

Over 40 people in the end!

Huge mountains of food and a HUGE thanks to some other chap had sent a pile of steaks up for my family from Norby's, that tight wad DC didn't bring them :chili::chili: but he did carry them up here for me.

Apparently Norby is a German who owns some restaurant in Surin, he sent me a huge pile of marinated steaks, about the best I've ever eaten!

DC brought some great stuff for the kids, which was greatly appreciated, making sure every kids got something and made the wife happy with a bottle of white wine, Tempie brought some great spagattie and home made sauce, great to taste real home made stuff! Also he brought some really good french booze, and thankfully we got him pissed so he left some behind when his wife poured him into the car at about 5pm.

Lunch kept going till about 8.30pm, so you get the idea, it was like the old parties!

Ended up in the local disco till midnight when I finally waved the white flag and took what was left of the party home.

Hey - that is REALLY weird, my post was here, I edited it, THEN it disappears, then it returns!!!!

Some mod playing with my post? I say something I can't?

I forgot the chocolate cake! That was a great success! The oven broke, so sadly no lasagna this year, but I discovered how to make cake in a microwave and oddly it works REALLY well!

The kids had a great time, the show's they put on where pretty good too!

Thanks for the 5litres, AND forgetting the Pastis!

Everybody must have been with you in barn nawk. Hardly a soul out for Christmas day last night. The Dollhouse looked more like an almost empty room with topless dancers. (The best kind of empty room ... ! :beer) )

Stepped into Baccara and Tilak and it wasn't much different. Anyone seen a tourist lately? :reindeer: :reindeer:

Archived