Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Sadly, BOTH Obama and Romney will either violate the constitution in some form or manner or uphold current legislation and practices that violate the constitution. Its a sad commentary about our country and frankly, SHAME on all Americans for allowing it. For the time being we still have the right to vote and too many of us are apathetic, ignorant or fooled.

HH, Flash, I would not agree with Obama on this church issue. I am a firm believer in separation of church and state. Being a Christian (and a very flawed one at that), the LAST thing I want is the government getting into religion. Obviously there are exceptions. Underage marriages/relationships in some Mormon sects for example, molsetation within the Catholic church, etc. Those are violations of law that religion can not cover.

So, while I agree with you on this in that it appears Obama is wrong and even agree that Romney would not have done the same (but I wouldn't guarantee it), I don't expect Romney to be some great defender of the Constitution himself. He will violate it. He just won't violate it in the same way Obama will. He'll violate it in a way that conservatives will conveniently look the other way over such as Bush and the Patriot's Act, Guantanamo, etc.

Its all BS.

http://beta.local.yahoo.com/news-tourists-sent-packing-over-threatening-tweets

Tourists Sent Packing Over ‘Threatening’ Tweets

A pair of U.K. tourists were arrested after landing in Los Angeles on terror charges after joking on Twitter they were going to ‘destroy America’ and ‘dig up Marilyn Monroe.’

Leigh Van Bryan, 26, was detained last Monday after landing in Los Angeles with his friend, 24-year-old Emily Bunting, according to the British Daily Mail.

Bryan was flagged as a potential threat after tweeting this message about his upcoming trip to Hollywood “@MelissaxWalton free this week for a quick gossip/prep before I go and destroy America? xâ€

Bryan and Bunting told officials the term “destroy†was British slang for “party.†Despite the explanation, they were held on suspicion of planning to commit crimes and their passports were confiscated, the Daily Mail reported.

Bryan was also questioned about another tweet quoting the animated show, “Family Guy:†“3 weeks today, we’re totally in LA p****** people off on Hollywood Blvd and digging Marilyn Monroe up!â€

Bryan’s luggage was searched for spades and shovels as a result.

The pair told the Daily Mail they were questioned for five hours, before they were taken to separate holding cells for another 12 hours. They were then put on a plane home via Paris.

“The officials told us we were not allowed in to the country because of Leigh’s tweet. They wanted to know what we were going to do,†Bunting told the Daily Mail. “They asked why we wanted to destroy America and we tried to explain it meant to get trashed and party.â€

We just wanted to have a good time on holiday. That was all Leigh meant in his tweet. He would not hurt anyone.â€

The Daily Mail says Bryan and Bunting must apply for visas from the U.S. Embassy in London before flying to the U.S. again.

Bryan’s Twitter account has been locked, barring any casual users from seeing his tweets. The account directs all press to contact a spokesman at South West News Service.

“Based on information provided by the LAX Port Authority Infoline – a suspicious activity tipline – CBP conducted a secondary interview of two subjects presenting for entry into the United States,†Customs and Border Protection spokeswoman Jenny Burke said in a statement. “Information gathered during this interview revealed that both individuals were inadmissible to the United States and were returned to their country of residence.â€

Make no bones about it. This supposed 'tip off' they got is complete and utter BS. Who would tip them off? No one. I'm willing to bet any sum of money that their tweets were picked up by some computer who did a search of all the social media, emails, electronic communication of those that are flying here and this got flagged. Its illegal as hell for one. America has gone to shit and I could be detained just for this post alone. My being an American citizen isn't even a protection any longer.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/mccainlevintreasonbill30nov11.shtml

the current Defense spending bill (National Defense Authorization Act) which would allow US military personnel to enter the home of a US citizen, take that citizen into custody and transport him to the military prison at Guantanamo Bay (or other military detention camps outside of the USA) for an indefinite period of time based on suspicion of being a "terrorist" or an "enemy combatant". No proof, no trial, no judge, and no jury are required for indefinite detention in a military prison under this amendment

If this is true and I can certainly see it, its one of the final nails in this once great republic. What saddens me is Obama is part of it. This isn't some Democrat, leftist thing either. If you look at the roser of the yea's, there are plenty of Republicans on it as well.

What really pisses me off is that we are all sheep collectively. We will go along with anything our party leader does. As long is he or she is on our side. I love America dearly. I'm gonna cut and run. I'll visit family and friends (and hope I don't get detained) but I can't see living in America for the rest of my life. Its a sad state of affairs we are in.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/letter-freed-slave-former-master-draw-attention-151653952.html

Letter from freed slave to former master draws attention

Wow, this is amazing! In the letter I have to assume the former slave was teasing about the possibility of going back. Were I an ex-slave and my former master wrote me, a master like the one in the letter that shot at me and from what I can gather didn't treat me especially well. My letter back would only be four words long "Kiss my black ass" haha.

Very interesting though. My uncle on my mom side said we were owned by people of Scotish ancestry who had a sugar plantation. I'd love to find out more. I dno't harbor any ill will and I'm a little ashamed I don't feel 'angry', but it was the past. It happened. Can't do much about it, except live a life that is worth something.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/teenager-had-djokovic-shirt-snatched-away-speaks-against-185203397.html

The teenage girl who had Novak Djokovic's shirt stolen from her grasp on Sunday is speaking out against the middle-aged garment thief who grabbed the souvenir.

Melissa Cook, 14, had a front-row seat cheering on Djokovic during his epic victory over Rafael Nadal in the Australian Open final. When the world No. 1 finally defeated Nadal after five hours, 53 minutes, Cook managed to get his attention as he was changing clothes. Djokovic walked over to Cook to toss her a spare shirt, but it was grabbed instead by a woman sitting two seats away.

Maybe this should be under random sports story but after watching the video and seeing the response of the woman all I can say is what a callous bitch!

<< I dno't harbor any ill will and I'm a little ashamed I don't feel 'angry', but it was the past. It happened. Can't do much about it, except live a life that is worth something. >>

I know longer have the desire to do boil my old drill sergeant in oil either. That was one of the mildest torments I thought of once upon a time though. :hmmm:

It explains his mis-handling on how to get healthcare reform passed (just ramming it through).

That's what the real problem was, and Reed and Pelosi came across as absolutely awful. It was like ... "Shut the fuck up, we are in charge and we are going to do whatever we want to do." That unbelievable nonsense about "vote for the bill first, you can read it afterwards" had me thinking of a travelling medicine show conman. It also reminds one these days of the way the Pheu Thai government is behaving in Thailand. :p