Health Insurance for Thai People to Cover Yourself

expat

If any of my close relatives are hit by a big health issue, I figure I'm in for a big hit financially. BUPA want 36,000+ baht for a 500,000 baht health insurance policy for a 62 year old--to me that's outrageous.

Does anyone on the board pay for health insurance for a Thai family member and know of a more reasonable alternative?

Sorry, wasn't sure whether to post this here on in Health.

Nope, that's pretty much what it is if you're 62 I would imagine, unless you took out insurance a couple of years ago.

BUPA is one of the more reasonable priced insurances in Thailand, maybe look at a different policiy, that may be cheaper.

Open a bank account at Kasikorn and get FREE accident/life insurance.

Special account, maybe must be over 50 y.o. with a balance between 100,000 and 1,000,000 Baht.

Coverage depends on your balance.

36,000 per year is cheap. My very crappy health insurance in the USA is 144,000 per year and that is with a $10,000 USD deductible! so pretty much no insurance at all, just for some huge emergency.

I paid for accident insurance with SCB Bank and it was 4,000 per year with 500,000 Baht coverage.

I got an outpatient only BUPA policy for about 15000 baht for my 35 y/o wife and 13 y/o stepdaughter. It turned out to be a good investment when the daughter had to have her appendix removed recently. Bumrungrad charges came to 200,000 baht and BUPA paid for half of it.

zen

Archived