KL-Phuket transfers

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

ok thanks for reducing my chance of a anxiety attack lol......like i said i once transit thru KL and dont recall any isues, but i'm easily spooked into moods of doom!

Guest lazyphil

i read on wiki about kl's cattle shed low cost terminal, i dont think malaysia airlines would subject premium travellers like me to that, surely not? :content:

Guest lazyphil

ok good. i heard passport control is slow now and they're not interested if you transit to your plane, they cant allow a passengers bag on board without the passenger....geez, i've done stuff like this before so why am i whittling now

i read on wiki about kl's cattle shed low cost terminal, i dont think malaysia airlines would subject premium travellers like me to that, surely not? :content:

I've gotta add that its actually quite exciting at the LCCT - you find yourself thrust into the middle of 'real' Malaysians along with backpackers from all over the world. I imagine that you will be mixing with the jetset over at KLIA, but its no different to Singapore or Swampypoon. LCCT gives you a very real sense that you have arrived in another country, although they really could live with some aircon out in the food court/check-in gates.

The worst thing that could happen, and it is unlikely as most international flights use terminal C, is your outgoing gate will be in different terminal and you will have to take the train to change. Not a big deal and only takes 10 minutes.

TH

• 2 months later...

how did you get on LP?.

i flew once to phuket via KL and not a problem.

had about 3 hours layover and plenty of time to relax.

but i found it strange that i had to get the monorail/train away from where i landed to the main terminal to wait and then get the same monorail/train to the original terminal to continue my journey.but i had time to have a look around and have a beer.

things might have changed though?.

Archived