Vang Vieng, laos

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

possible trip here in october. question, is this place purely a backpacker place or can some sanuk be found to complement general lazing about what looks like a attractive area.

Guest lazyphil

that or luang prabang, not decided yet....if sanuk a no no in laos and you risk trouble with the plod i'll just have to stick to the los

Guest lazyphil

yes, thats what i've seem to have 'researched'.....stick with all the weirdos and wackos in patong or pattaya......a shame because it looks stunning i just cant fit in with tarquins and jemimas on gap years

Mr Phil, if I may offer an opinion:

a day or two in Luang Prabang for the beautiful temples with not many coke machines...

a side trip to the plain of jars...

a day or two in Vientiane sitting at a river side bar (if there are any left)...

and possibly a non planned week excursion to the four thousand islands region down south (near Pakse I believe) will be on my list...

Guest lazyphil

lol, i hear you cw.....

coss, thanks for your encouragement, all hope is not lost, i should not be so negative and critical of fellow tourists (though in VV they will insist on being called travellers, so i could go just to wind them up and call them tourists! :content: )

Archived