Rugby, Nz To Win !

Coss

Just watched the All BLacks win over the Japanese, predictably the AllBlacks won by a large margin 80-something to 5.

What was impressive was the determination and tenacity of the Japanese - a lot of teams would have given up in the second half, the Japanese, even though outclassed played with verve and heart, giving it their all.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A longstanding hoodoo team for the Wallabies, and I had a feeling it was coming after their initial 'triumph'. Much happier when the press here are talking our chances down instead of trying to put our sporting teams on the dais before they've even made the finals .....

One thing in their favour, coss, is that they will be able to come home and resume normal lives without being in fear of their lives if they bow out unexpectedly - not sure that the All Blacks would feel so confident. Its a religion in NZ - significantly less so among the beer-swilling, AFL/NRL brigade in Oz.

While its unlikely to register with too many on this board, we are now faced with the possibility that NZ will end October as :

- winners of the Rugby World Cup

- winners of the NRL Rugby League premiership

Whilst I still think both are a long way from being a 'sure thing', most had written the NZ Warriors off weeks ago - many of those same people are now very, very quiet. I hate Manly with a passion, which means I will be barracking for a team that represents a nation of 3 million people, most of whom have about as much interest in Rugby League as Munchy does.

• 2 weeks later...

England ? Even Jonny's magic boot wont save them this time - I'd rate the Springboks higher than England this World Cup, but the All Blacks still look the goods for mine.

it's fixed for the all blacks......... :shakehead

easy win coming up over the argies,while the other teams 3 ties are tough looking games.

i'm not really a fan of this organised thuggery but i like to watch the important tournaments that are held every few years.

i shied away from rugby when at school as i was a small but fast runner.

it was decided that i could play on the wing and i soon got fed up with big,fat barstards took pleasure in taking me out of the game,S&M has never been a fave thing of mine.

never in my life have i ever weighed over 10 stone so definately not suited to the game.

but i see lack of sleep coming up over the weekend....... :crazy:

2 games on Sat and 2 on Sunday they start from around 6-7am uk time until 10-11am....looks like i have to get a good alarm clock.

but i am looking forward to South Africa playing Australia,could be a good one.... :chili:

but my thoughts are that no team has really been outstanding so far,many big wins by big nations against the smaller ones which is misleading.

but England have a good enough draw in the knockout games to reach the final.

but South Africa/Australia and New Zealand having to scrap it out to reach the final will be good viewing.

BRING IT ON............... :beer:

Archived