Food Republic At Central Rama Ix

khunsanuk

Hi,

I was eagerly awaiting the opening of Food Republic in the new Central Rama IX expecting something very similar to the Food Loft in Central Chidlom which I rather like.

So, when my parents mentioned on Tuesday that it had opened that day, we made a plan to go visit it last night.

We got there at around 5:15 and the place looked very nice, albeit suprisingly empty. Got a card (you tell them the amount you want on it) and walked into the place. It consists of a central core of foodstalls surrounded by nice tables with a marble/stone tabletop. The seating is really nice looking, no idea how comfortable though as we never stayed to sit down.

We walked a full circuit of the foodstalls and were very disappointed. None of the food seemed all that interesting and mostly it was standard foodcourt fair, just more expensive. Average price seemed to be around 70 Baht I think (although to be honest, I didn't look that closely or at every stall).

A quick chat with my wife and Mom & Dad confirmed that they do were not impressed and the decision was quickly made to eat somewhere else instead. So, handed back the card to the same girl I got it from - who was looking a bit surprised :) - explained there was nothing that looked appetizing, sorry, and left.

Sanuk!

Archived