Eva Pulled The Plug

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

as a matter of interest Phil.

what price did you pay and what were the flight times?.

was it a direct flight?.

930pm arrive around 330pm next day. i paid around £1650 for my daughter and me inc insurance. yes direct. thai another £165

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

930pm arrive around 330pm next day. i paid around £1650 for my daughter and me inc insurance. yes direct. thai another £165

try Emirates.

i have just paid £540 for the flight via Dubai,i like a break in flights as i have no problem with shorter flights,i don't like non-stop.

but obviously i don't know what sort of price for you have to pay for your daughter.

i get into BKK around 0830 and not leave BKK until 0130 and therefroe i get an extra day or so to relax.

arrive at my hotel at a good time and leave at a reasonable time.

i hate the chore of having to get up quite early and leave for the airport early,i like to pack the night before and then relax for a few hours before i leave.

I hope I don't have an airline do this to me. Having a flight cancelled at the last minute is unfortunately going to cost the passenger extra money and bullshit with changing their other reservations and other plans.

Eva, like most other airlines, don't give a damn about the extra money this costs their customers. The airline industry unfortunately has no idea what proper behavior is, and needs many more laws and fines in place to keep them from ripping off the customers even more.

Guest lazyphil

try Emirates.

i have just paid £540 for the flight via Dubai,i like a break in flights as i have no problem with shorter flights,i don't like non-stop.

but obviously i don't know what sort of price for you have to pay for your daughter.

i get into BKK around 0830 and not leave BKK until 0130 and therefroe i get an extra day or so to relax.

arrive at my hotel at a good time and leave at a reasonable time.

i hate the chore of having to get up quite early and leave for the airport early,i like to pack the night before and then relax for a few hours before i leave.

cant be doing with stop offs. flew air lanka and malaysian with tedious breaks. just want to get there, dont care too much about the expense just so long as they dont feck me about. feck eva, will not use them again ever.

That's the flight I always get. Leaves Dxb at about 11pm and gets into Bkk about 8.30am. In hotel by 10ish, a few hours kip and then off out mid afternoon. :up:

it's a good time for me.

gives me around 2.5 hours to get my connecting flight to Phuket which allows for any any delays and to have a cigarette or 2.

arrive at my hotel around 2pm which is a good time for me.

coming home is also a good time,don't fly out from Phuket until 7pm for my flight home to London at 0130am which gets me into London just after midday,which is fine by me.

so plenty of time to relax on the way home and do any last minute things.

we're all different Phil.

i just don't like being cooped up in a plane for 12 Hours and just prefer the 2 legs of 6 or so Hours.

nice to get off for a couple of Hours and walk around.

Guest lazyphil

true. but makes it hellava long trip. we will get the phk flight in bkk a few hours on arrival then a 2 hour taxi to khao sok national park.....exhausting trip!

true. but makes it hellava long trip. we will get the phk flight in bkk a few hours on arrival then a 2 hour taxi to khao sok national park.....exhausting trip!

ha,that's why i l[ke a stopover.

gets me off the plane from the annoying people who travel at the same time as me.... :angryfire:

it takes me about 22 hours from London to my hotel with 2 stops(including BKK)and ok for me.

even a direct flight to BKK does'nt really make the journey that much shorter,proably around 3 hours but i can easily spend those hours dozing.

i know you will be travelling with your daughter and i would'nt want to do that.

my sister is flying to the UK from Australia for Christmas/New Year with a 14 Month old child and another child who will be around 4 Months old....that scenario is a nightmare for me.

having to sit infront or behind a family like that for a 12 Hour flight fills me with dread.

as you said we're all different!

times are certainly different these days.

my mum flew from the UK to Singapore in 1961 as a Navel wife with me less then a year old.

she flew on an RAF flight and got the occasional hot drink and sandwich.

she had stopovers in Egypt,India and the Maldives and each stop meant an overnight stay.

took her almost 4 Days to complete the flight.............nightmare.

Archived