Visa Run Rules Summary As At November 2012

gobbledonk

Guys, I know it all comes down to what the Consulate staff in a given country feel inclined to do on a given date, but this comes from a visa run company that I have previously used and had no problems with. I have tried to remove anything which might cause KS grief, and I'm sure he will edit it further if there are any problems. Bolding is mine. Of particular interest is the claim - in line with Stickman's murmurings - that anyone with 'x' previous tourist visas in their passport (presumably in the last 6-12 months) is going to have a hard time getting another one : nothing particularly new there, but this is the first time where I have seen it narrowed down to the Multiple-Entry TV. My own experience with the tourist visa tells me that Penang remains the most painless option - I didnt even have to go to the Consulate - but the last one was August, 2010 and this is a constantly shifting mountain. I wont have to revisit this until 2014, but its good to know that T360 is one of the few places where I can get accurate, timely info from people who have actually been there and done it. Some of the rehashed crap elsewhere is execrable

.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Daily Visa Run to Ban Laem/Cambodia, meeting is still 6.45AM and departure latest 7.00AM. FYI, Saturday and Sunday early departure at 5.00AM as well. There is no limit for the 15day runs. The border is open EVERY DAY.

2.)Vientiane/Laos, apply for Tourist and Non Immigrant Visa, we go, usually, Sunday and Wednesday night, departing 8.00 PM from parking lot of Tesco/Lotus ON NUT, next BTS Station ON NUT, just besides KFC.Tourist Visa, as of now you are not required to show additional requirement (air ticket/ hotel booking). Refusal: the consular staff will review visually your current passport and count the numbers of Thai visas you had, regardless of what kind of visa, when or where the visas were issued. There is no fixed rule, but it appears themaximum is 2 or 3 previous Double Entry Tourist Visa.

Non Immigrant Visa B and ED application require the WP3letter/LOA from Ministry of Labor or Education. For Non O Marriage Visa you need to show them the Original Marriage Contract and a written Letter from your wife, that is in addition to her signed copy of ID-card,Tabien Ban(Blue Book) and Marriage Contract.

3.) Savannakhet/Laos, it is a option for Westerners to apply for Double Entry Tourist Visa, however we have no trips. DIY, via bus to Mukdahan and than cross to Laos side. Stay at Leena uesthouse. Or contact Savan Vegas Hotel. They have a reasonable priced program which includes pick up at Mukdahan bus station. Contact xxxxx (PM me - Gobbledonk - for details)

4.) Phnom Penh/Cambodia, we keep close contact through our Cambodian partners, but for the time being we can not offer a trip. If you travel by yourself it is possible to obtain a Single Entry ThaiTourist Visa, usually 2nights waiting, we recommend to use a travel agent in Town or the Guard at Thai Embassy will assist you.

5.) Yangoon/Mynamar, recent reports indicate that they will issue Double Entry Thai Tourist Visa, we shall keep you posted.

6.) Kuala Lumpur/Malaysia, it is still possible to apply Single Entry Thai Tourist Visa there.

7.) Denpasar/Bali, the friendly Consul will issue Double n even Triple Entry Thai Tourist Visa, however you need to show air tickets and wait 2 nights, Visas are valid for 6month, means you could stay in Thailand up to 270days.

8.) Common mistakes, Thai Tourist Visa from Laos , both entries must be used within 3 months after date of issue(see the enter before date shown on the visa). Each entry allow you to stay for 60 days and is extendable, each entry, by 30 days, but since you have 3 month validity only, you may have to leave before the first 60+30 comes to an end, OTHERWISE you loose your 2nd entry.

9.) OTHERS SERVICE: We have been doing various option and so far have been successful with following extensions, FYI, we also changed agent and deal now directly with issuing person, so no long wait anymore and better prices . Medical extension, 30days=THB7,000.- , 60days= THB10,000.-, 90days extension for THB 12,000.- . Just need Passport and 2 ID-pictures a week before your current visa expires.

10.) Yearly Visa, currently we assist with Non Immigrant Visa O Retirement, the change from a Tourist Visa or visa exempt stamp, will cost you THB 23,000.-. . In the first year you will get 15month. Need passport and 2 ID-pictures a week before current extension expires.Our lawyer will prepare all paperwork for the successful application. You just do the 90day report at Thai Immigration, no visa runs required, the 90day report is free. It is not possible to obtain a NonImmigrant B for the time being.

11.) Yearly extension on existing Non Immigrant Visa O Retirement, our offer THB 18,000.-, we need Passport and 2 ID-pictures a week before your current extension expires. You just do the 90day report at Thai Immigration.

12.) Yearly extension on existing Non Immigrant Visa ED Study Visa, our offer THB 23,000.-, we need Passport and 2 ID-pictures a week before your current extension expires. You just do the 90day report at Thai Immigration.13.)Non Immigrant ED (Study) Visa, to avoid any misunderstanding please note that the price quoted by the Language school is only the Tuition fee. The schools charge for one year tuitionTHB15,000.-(online) up to THB25,000.-(class). After you sign up and have paid the fee you will get the documents for a Non ED application in Laos, trip and visa cost THB 6,000.-. You also have to pay for extension, every 3month, at Thai Immigration THB1,900.-. Total cost for a year is THB 26,700.- for online study up to THB36,700.- for class study, exclude RE-ENTRY fees. We can not guarantee the continuous extension.(lengthy list of links to various Thai language schools deleted by Gobble).

14.) NON IMMIGRANT REQUIREMENT IN THAI, please find enclosed a print out from the web page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (omitted for obvious reasons)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been pretty common for a while, in Laos recently getting my wife visa extension thingy I saw two "tourist" err, long term residents get knocked back for having too many visa's in the passports. All they could do is go across border for a 15 day stamp.

ThaiVisa has fairly good current information.

11.) Yearly extension on existing Non Immigrant Visa O Retirement, our offer THB 18,000.-, we need Passport and 2 ID-pictures a week before your current extension expires. You just do the 90day report at Thai Immigration.

Actual cost is 1900 Baht and an hours time preparing the required forms

Definitely requires copies of Bank statements (Thai Bank) showing 800k deposited for min 3 months....or a Stat Dec from Embassy showing Income of more than 65k per month

Gobble....I'll do it for ya for 15k...and even throw in lunch and a ST into the bargain....LOL

Regarding stat decs, not sure what the rule is anywhere else but down under (and at the Oz Embassy) the person is simply witnessing your signature and verifying your identity.

You are the one making the declaration, and the embassy, JP, police officer or whoever signs it after you are under no obligation to ensure what you say is true.

Of course they aren't - I cant see ANYONE willingly signing a stat dec if it was any other way. Given that the staff at the Australian Embassy in BKK seem to be predominately Thai, that goes double.

That said, its a legal document - knowingly making a fraudulent claim on a stat dec will get you jailed. Unless you are an Australian politician, of course, in which case it will just sell a few newspapers.

Archived