Sign in to follow this  
jw_marryrit

Anyone Remember The Good Old Days?

The prices for drinks are quite steep compared to a few years ago, especially Soi Cowboy. Now when in Thailand I do stay in Pattaya longer as there are still some reasonable prices for drinks at many bars and go gos.

He is, but everyone calls him "the Arab". Easy to spot his bars ... very flash, lots of money spent on them, stunners outside as bait to lure you inside. There is also usually a guard sitting at the entrance. You won't see that in other bars, nor the drink prices either!

Try the Dollhouse - happy hour prices until 9.30PM, longest that I know of in Cowboy. (Also, the DH dancers tend to be wearing less than in the Arab bars. Plus usually you are not immediately pounced upon by BGs saying "youbuymecola".)

Baccara has some gorgeous dancers, but mercenary is the only word to use. They may greet you with a demand that you take them out for ST as soon as you walk in the door. :p

Last time I went to Soi Cowboy, the drink prices and the prices for LT were very high. I do remember the days when prices were reasonable, but I'll be spending more time in Pattaya, where at least I won't go bankrupt for a good time :-)

Last time I went to Soi Cowboy, the drink prices and the prices for LT were very high. I do remember the days when prices were reasonable, but I'll be spending more time in Pattaya, where at least I won't go bankrupt for a good time :-)

NEP / Cowbiy / Patpong have gone in cycles as the most / least expensive. However, with drink prices well north of Bt100 in even the bars around NEP, though we may be talking about Bt20/30 in absolute terms, there is probably less than 15-20% difference between them all. At that margin, is it worth bothering ? The choice is surely whether to partake anywhere or not.