Construction Opposite Emporium

StoneSoup

'Finally saw a sign specifying a name for what is being built there - Bhiraj Tower - see: http://www.cbre.co.th/en/Bhiraj-Tower-Taps-Demand-for-Grade-A-Offices-in-a-Tightening-Market.asp

I have always found it odd how major construction projects in Bangkok can screw around for 24-30 months, piddkling around with seemingly minimal progress - and then - once the first struvctures (other than elevator clusters) rise above about two meters above street level - the rest of the building is completed in 12-18 months.

Cheers!

SS

• 2 months later...

It is actually called the UBC III Tower. Ex-fuckin'-wife made a mint out of the condo on soi 35 we owned that her Ma gave us for our wedding so many years ago :shakehead (but I'm not BITTER, no, I'm not....bitch!!!!!). Meanwhile I keep the US property in the settlement and it is worth 30% of what it was. Anyone wanna buy a house or condo in the US? Fuckfuckfuckfuck!

Oh well, at least I am rid of her and gloriously happy with the new (err, not really new anymore...) Mrs Ashby!

Errr, update to check my latest info: same folks (the family who owns Emporium/Paragon/etc), just a different name (now EmQuartier? WTF?). And more offices and "exclusive" shops. Gee, we didn't have enough of those in my neighborhood, so good thing they are building more! One wouldn't want to be more than a couple of blocks from a Vuitton or Hermes shop or a B120k/ft^2 office space, right?

Morons. Who buys this shit? And this coming from someone who could afford it (sometimes, not always).

http://www.skyscrape...d.php?t=1476374

Let's just hope it is not as ugly as that new Fenix Tower/Holiday Inn at the corner of soi 22. If awards were given for ugly, that fucker would win for a decade at least :eek:

And I gotta look at that PoS every day when I wake up...or not open the drapes. Bastards. Horrible way to start the day. And they are bringing back fuckin' Domino's Pizza to LoS via that location. What is there to LIKE about it?

Sheesh! Give me back the old "Flyers" crappy and dingy pool bar, please...

I have always found it odd how major construction projects in Bangkok can screw around for 24-30 months, piddkling around with seemingly minimal progress - and then - once the first struvctures (other than elevator clusters) rise above about two meters above street level - the rest of the building is completed in 12-18 months.

When building on delta, this is very typical. It is because you have to make the foundation so deep, strong, and water tight that it takes a lot longer than most of the other building

Archived