Finally, Something Worth Watching On The Box :)

gobbledonk

Broadcasting 9.30 pm on ABC2 (digital) (Channel 22)

LADYBOYS: THE LADYBOY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD synopsis-break.jpgpowered-by-ebroadcast.gif

(Adult Themes) Thai Ladyboy March leads a double life: by day she's a student, forced to wear a male uniform to attend Bangkok University and at night she adorns herself with sequins, glitter and lipstick to perform on stage.

Flasher, which university did you say you taught at again ? :neener:

Bangkok University is private, not government. Great place for good looking girls, but not exactly known for academics.

The policy at most Thai universities these days seems to be if you've had your nuts chopped off and your dick turned inside out, you can wear a girl's uniform. If not you have to dress like a guy.

Kasetsart University made the news a few years ago when the khatoeys demanded separate rest rooms. They wanted his, hers and its. The argued that they didn't feel comfortable in the men's room, and the girls didn't really like them using theirs.

Yep - the Katoey in question hadn't had the op and was forced to wear the 'schoolboy' uniform. I assume even Farang students at those unis are forced to wear those uniforms - must look bloody ridiculous on a larger frame, but when in Rome ...

KS Flasher makes a good point about the pronunciation - even the Poms they interviewed (one of whom claimed to live in BKK) pronounced it like Papaya. I noticed the same thing in another Brit production - 'Banged up in Paradise' or somesuch, and suspect it may even have been put together by the same crowd. Perhaps they consider the Thai pronunciation to be the 'weird' one ....

Still, a bit of a novelty (for me, anyway) to see a Katoey who had a cabaret and three 7/11 stores, not to mention a PhD (!) from a 'university near Pattaya' and a Tom 'boyfriend' who seemed happy to ride that gravy train. Can't say that the excerpt they showed from one of her lectures had me dashing out enrol in said university, but I admire the fact that she seems willing to put time into something other than the cash cow businesses. A cynic might suggest that she has the other Katoeys right where she wants them - working for her at minimum wage or whatever - but she did seem to genuinely give a shit about the older 'girls'.

Back on the street, the segment that followed the 31-year old Katoey around was just sad. She milked it for whatever they paid her for her time, but I just cant imagine how drunk a guy would need to be to go home with her. By contrast, the Uni student seemed to have a few clues and was the most believable 'female' in the whole episode, but I wonder what she will look like after the surgeons have had their way. Too many Katoeys go straight for the biggest tits they can 'order', and it just ends up looking completely ridiculous IMO. I hope she makes her money and gets the hell out of Dodge.

The Brit guy last seen buying a bar for his Katoey GF left me shaking my head - she must give one hell of a BJ. He might have been better off just setting fire to his money then and there - too cynical ? Too soon ? Too real ? ;)

The only university I can think of "near Pattaya" would be Burapha University, formed from the old Burapha campus of Srinakarinwirote when the branches became independent.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the video. I see more than enough khatoeys every day in Bangkok. :p

p.s. Foreigners at these unies do wear Thai student uniforms. The guys can handle it all right, but some of the gals must have theirs made by Omar the tentmaker. (Uniforms are only for undergrads.)

Just watched this on the box - not a bad flick, and have been following it for a few weeks now. I'm sure the younger brit's new bar will do well, even as he heads home for a bit. Pity he didn't utilise the documentary to give it a bit of a plug. The older brit had the better taste in LB's though - just sayin...

7/11 girl certainly had her head screwed on, both "managing" the other LB's and investing in 7/11 can't be a bad plan - good on her.. to be honest I'd rather jump the "Tom" than her though.

Interesting, at times touching doco - will tune in again next week if it's still going.

It showed something Flasher alluded to a couple of weeks back - that some of the girls have to get themselves 'primed' with cheap firewater before they can do the whole 'I go your hotel ?' routine. My ears did prick up when one of the Brits claimed he had heard of Katoeys going back to the village, reclaiming their masculinity and settling down with a woman. Amazing Thailand.

(Red, agree re the Tom, but that 'tough guy' persona is a complete turnoff. I've met a few butch lesbians back here, and any 'getting it on with a lesbian' fantasies go straight out the window :( )

Broadcasting 9.30 pm on ABC2 (digital) (Channel 22)

LADYBOYS: THE LADYBOY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD synopsis-break.jpgpowered-by-ebroadcast.gif

(Adult Themes) Thai Ladyboy March leads a double life: by day she's a student, forced to wear a male uniform to attend Bangkok University and at night she adorns herself with sequins, glitter and lipstick to perform on stage.

Flasher, which university did you say you taught at again ? :neener:

i saw this series in the UK months ago and when i mentioned the fact i was deemed a little strange by a BM,forget who.

anything you want to share Gobble?.

Archived