Advance Of The Wrecking Ball

radioman

Further to the leveling of Washington Square I was speaking briefly with Som of Denny's Corner Bar, last night, Dec 27th. She said she has (finally) been given notice to vacate the premises and as such her last day of business from the existing location will be March 15th 2014. Expect a big party that night, pig on a spit at least she said.

She's planning to open up from one of the places nearer to Suk, she mentioned next door to Boots, I think in the same building as the Holiday Inn. No apparent problems she says just some concerns to not have her girls touting on the street, which they don't generally do anyway.

Another hotel is the development stated for the existing area. I guess a few more in the immediate vicinity will also exit at the same time.

Cheers

You'd have to imagine all in that area are on some sort of notice but I guess the question is if the existing development plans extend to that side of the road. We'll know for sure I guess in a month or three. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic of the area changes, it might drive a lot more traffic to the QPP but then again it might fragment more with stuff closer to Sukhumvit road. Pretty sure the clientele of Denny's will search out the replacement at least initially.

Couple of good points there MM and I did raise those very things with her. She said the plan is to have the front completely open and though she may have to raise prices her intent is to keep them in the ballpark, she mentioned 75 as a maximum. Only time will tell I guess but at least she plans to give it a go.

Sad to hear Denny's Corner will be closing soon. I'm a bit of a regular there and I enjoy the atmosphere of that little corner of Soi 22 with the adjacent bar across from it.

I hope Som is successful with her new bar and also starts to keep those annoying Indian watch sellers from entering it. I will miss the old bar though.

Seems a few T360 types frequent this bar on occasion. Perhaps we should wear some discreet identifying emblem that allows recognition, if only to ensure we stay well clear of each other. Perhaps something in keeping with KS's origin, a Dutch cap maybe?

Archived