Google Earth Download

Flashermac

Hi,

Wonder if that is photoshopped. The font of the 666 looks slightly different to that of the 21.

Sanuk!

Nope, not photoshopped, it's a real sign between Donsak, where the Samui ferry docks and Muang Surat Thani. Pass it since years and it's my own picture.

It's been there for a while and to the best of my knowledge, it's there at this very moment. Both have clearly been recycled!

On time I had a hotel room number 666 in Trinidad. When I got it, I thought maybe the meaning of the symbol was not well known in Trinidad for them to assign a room with that number. I'm not superstitious so it didn't bother me - much. But when I called room service and gave them my room number, the response on the other end was, 'THAT'S THE SIGN OF THE DEVIL!' :p I have not been back to the hotel, or the country for that matter, since. :biggrin:

cavanami

I guess I've made it as both my motorbike and my truck have only three numbers :dunno:

Yes of course I take your point I was not thinking of the motorbike or truck ............ what I was thinking at the time and should have said ........ was the auction type number plate such as 111, 123 etc with or without the special coloured background customized for the particular province .. that you might find on a prestige car.

Since 2003,certain serial numbers in each series were made available for auction. These include single-digit numbers (1); twin (11), triplet (111) and quadruplet (1111) numbers, round thousands (1000); straight three-digit (123) and four-digit (1234) numbers; and pairs of two like numbers (1122, 1212, 1221).The auction plates are only in private passenger car type until 2014, when private pick-up and private van auction plates were made available.