Expat survey puts Thailand Fourth in ASeEAN

Mekong

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1535962/expat-survey-puts-thailand-fourth-in-asean?utm_source=enewsletter_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_term=news

Bangkok Post can’t Cut n Paste a single word of text 

Not surprised to be honest I don’t need a 90 day reporting to the Probation officer FFS lived there over 27 years I think they can trust me by now.

In Vietnam I have reported to Immigration Office once, for my first Visa / TRC (Temporary Residence Card) now I just send my secretary with stamped company papers and get issued another 2 years, the wife can “Piggy Back” off my TRC for a 12momth multi Visa. 

When I land at Noi Bai Airport I am ushered towards the Viet National lanes instead of the long Tourist Lines because I have a TRC, 30 Minutes queuing time saved.

Vietnam gets a bad rap because of the American (as it  is known over here) war,  well I have been working (making money to be honest) over here for 5 years now  with no complaints at all even though we live in Thailand ( I.e. property there etc) How much longer? Until they stop paying me and tell me to fuck off I suppose, I have worked in worse places for less money 

The country is not even second or third among the seven Asean nations that were ranked by Expat Insider. It placed fourth after Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia in this year's survey released on Friday.

The Philippines, Indonesia and Myanmar were ranked below Thailand. The positions remained unchanged from last year. Cambodia, Laos and Brunei were not on the list.

Expat Insider based its conclusions on responses from 18,135 expatriates of 178 nationalities living in 187 countries or territories in the online survey conducted from Feb 15 to March 7. They were asked to rate the country where they were residing on 48 factors from quality of life to financial facilities. All were factored into the calculation of the rankings.

The survey did not detail how Thailand fared in all categories, but the country did not rank in the top 15 in categories such as Quality of Life and Family Life. However, it ranked fourth worldwide in attractive cost of living.

Bahrain came first overall for the second year in a row, while India was last in 66th place, according to the report.

Panama (13th), Ecuador (3rd) and Australia (12th) were among the countries that made the biggest gains in the rankings, while Sweden (46th), Romania (37th) and Hong Kong (56th) saw the sharpest drops.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1535962/expat-survey-puts-thailand-fourth-in-asean?utm_source=enewsletter_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_term=news

Plastic expats, parachuted into places such as Singapore or Hong Kong for 4-5 years on basically the same salary as at home but tax free and a couple of expat perks, such as rent free accommodation, thrown in    ....   Tossers the lot of them.

They are not that well paid TBH, they just think that they are, have an aloof attitude looking down their noses at the locals. Livings in their expat circles (FCC Bangkok?) and when the party is over go back to their small boring world, most of them don’t even bank a penny but just live the lifestyle for the duration. As I said.  ...   Tossers 

That is the problem with these surveys, skewed, they only ask the expats that they can find at places such as FCC Bangkok, it would be too much trouble for them to come and ask you or I, even if they knew we existed at all. 

Could just imagine myself being surveyed, as if haha, who would ask an unshaven torn T-Shirt and baggy Shorts wearing guy who looks as if he doesn’t have 2 Cents to rub together,and long may perception exist, if I was surveyed o would tell them too keep their noses out and Fuck Off.

And as for these Singapore and Hong Kong expats, where do they go for R’n’R / Vacation, stay in country or go back to home country, in fact most of them come to Thailand because it is relatively inexpensive and Sanuk, I know because every time I am in Bangkok I meet people such as this