DVD player recommendation?

Stickman

not sure a 'name brand' is necessary... the digital hardware / readers is mostly all off the same production line.

Not all play VCDs or MP3s.. & it's easy to make MP3 CDs with a collection of your own music, easy to make a song playlist & burn custom CDs.. not necessary to download.. 200 songs on 1 CD is nice,, listen 1 CD per week, all week long!

The DVD player will display your MP3 song selection mlist on your TV as the list plays on & on & on...

HDTV will most likely not be in Thailand.

As for using it for DTH services like UBC, forget it - UBC does not broadcast HDTV or even SDTV. most of the feads are only 2.5 - 3.5 mb

Digital TV in THailand has now been put officially on hold, and will not be available for a long while, and when it does it will NOT use HDTV, rather use the bandwidth for a number of channels.

Stickman, I now make DVD players - you can get one from me or our Fat Friend in a few weeks,

OR you can go to the shops and get a good one for about 4500 Baht!!

JB

I?ve seen this mentioned before. The point is, it does not matter whether HDTV programming is broadcast or carried on cable or not. A progressive scan DVD player and an HDTV monitor (most can be bought without tuners) will give you an awesome picture.

The whole point of having a DVD player is that you don?t need to depend on what is being broadcast?

Archived