S,

So the Marriott is guest friendly ::

Do they check ID for your "guest" for the night ::

No joiner fee ::

I am looking foir a better place to stay in Pattaya. :hubba:

I did the HRH a few weeks ago and was dissapointed. :p

Not worth the money, rooms were so average. :p

the only plusses about the HRH is the shower/tub & the pool ::

I kind of agree that the Hard Rock isn't worth the kind of $$$ that they are asking for the place. I imagine the price will drop once the newness subsides a bit. About the only other place that comes to mind for me is the Dusit Thani in North Pattaya.

Regards

BKK22 -

I have never stayed at the Marriott so cannot comment however I would assume its 'guest tolerant' at worst.

I have also never stayed at Hard Rock :: but been through it many times which is why I said what I said although its nice to now about the showers :D

For its facilities outside the room, I dont think much else can compare if you want a relaxed resort hotel where some little kittens dont look out of place. If you want somewhere top notch then you go for the deluxe wing at the Royal Cliff, however that is seriosu shit money wise and the walk of shame becomes the holiday of shame if you stay around the hotel with the little cuties from the gogo bars :D

Cheers

TGL,

Thanks for the info. :D

I want to stay some where nicer and have thought about the Marriott for some time. :sleeping:

How is the pool? :dunno:

Does it get good sun? :dunno:

Is the walk of shame to the elevators long? ::

Sorry for so many questions

TGL,

I have read some reviews that say the Marriott is getting a little "worn" on the inside (room,etc.) and I was wondering if you would agree? Perhaps you would say it was in first class condition. Please comment. Thanks.

Regards

BKK22 - ::

I like the atmosphere at the HRC even though it is a VERY casual hotel, not the same standard as the Marriott.....but the Marriott rooms are quite average IMO, really in need of upgrading. Thay are also quite dark inside. The only rooms I thought were acceptable (I am a fussy bugger) were the Garden terraces which have separate, lockable sliding glass door to the garden and pool area. The added plus here is that you do not have to walk through the lobby at all!

Says RichardKopf:

but the Marriott rooms are quite average IMO, really in need of upgrading. Thay are also quite dark inside. The only rooms I thought were acceptable (I am a fussy bugger) were the Garden terraces which have separate, lockable sliding glass door to the garden and pool area. The added plus here is that you do not have to walk through the lobby at all!

Before the takeover, it was the Royal Garden hotel. Since then, they did a little bit (most of the work was done by Royal Garden), but the rooms are really not the best and not the same standard, you will expect from a hotel in this class. Compared prices and value, a reasonable choice though.

Archived