Hotel Joiner Fee Rip Off ??

hall

Mentor.. I disagree, most hotels WILL give you a receipt or add it on your room bill detailing the fee as miscellaneous charges, or something equally vague. Certainly the Siam Bayshore, the hotel in question gives you the individual payment slips on check-out, but I cant think that anybody REALLY needs receipts for 'joiner' fees. ::

Although I am not a fan of 'joiner' fees I understand the hotel's reasons for charging them as hotel's that dont charge tend to turn into 'short-time' hotels with the comings (cummings) and goings of high spirited (of the alcoholic variety) couples and trebles disrupting everyone elses peaceful sleep. :angel:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Wiseone but I have to disagree again. I've stayed at many hotels that don't charge "joiner fees" and I don't think they turn into short time hotels anymore than any other hotel. Its as other posters have said a greedy "pimp fee" and if they did'nt want your so called "coming and goings" they should simply ban unregistered guests. Just another case of greedy Thais turning their noses up at farang sex tourists whilst at the same time having their hands out for as much farang baht as they can get. I've always thought that the Thais don't really want us but they want our money. Well I'm afraid they can't have it both ways.

Cheers Simie.

Archived