Phone Cards - USA to Thailand

frogpatrol

I'm currently having a problem with a calling card I bought through www.thaitel.com. I can call home phone numbers in Bangkok (beginning with 02 prefix) from the USA, but cannot connect to mobile phones, even thought the site said the card connected to both home and mobile phone numbers.

I contacted Thaitel.com through their real-time chat page, and explained the problem to the customer service agent (Monica?). She kept asking me to wait while she consulted a supervisor, and finally told me to try again in 24 hours. I tried again after 2 days, and still could not connect to a mobile phone.

I'll try their customer service process again, but may have to contact my credit card company to get a refund if they do not resolve this.

Several times in the last few years, Thaitel has had problems. I lost about $20 when one of their suppliers went broke (or so they say). They kept saying that they were looking into it and finally no response.

When another supplier company went broke a year or two late, they were going to let the customers eat the losses again. I sent them a nasty note sayng that I was filing complaints reports with the state attorney general in my state and the state they operated in (NJ I believe) to have their company investigated for fraud.

Within a day, I received an email telling me that they were going to give me full credit with another card they represented. I would not trust them or use them again.

Archived