free forum?

iuytrede

Why go further than the obvious?

Get your news reader out and go to soc.culture.Thai .

And then after youve vented your political frustrations please come back and join us for some Sanuk conversation. No point in

being persistantly anti establishment here where KS's decision not to host these topics

whith the majority of our understanding suport. Many of us would like to discuss that which frustrates us all and I completley

understand your need to discuss this, unfortunately this forum can not be that

venue.

That is right. Those of you outside of Thailand who do not like the deteriorationg free-speech circumstances should do something constructive, like contact your Congressman or Member of Parliament and ask that pressure be applied to Thailand, possibly through a reduction in funding if you belong to a country that gives money to Thailand. If you insist on endangering those of US who choose to live here from your nice, safe perch far away, then I would not even give you the time of day.

Why don't you guys read the online versions of Nation and Bangkok Post. Maybe then you will understand what is going on. www.Bangkokpost.com www.Nationmultimedia.com

The Nation's radio stations were threatened to be closed for political comment, their TV station as well. They now refuse to broadcast political comments but they are both attacking the censorship that is now occurring in Thailand. The biggest supporter of The Nation now is The Bangkok Post. The Bangkok Post has as long as I have been in Thailand never rocked the boat, until now. That fact alone says how bad things are here.

It's very easy to spout crap from the confines of your home in another country, it's very different to live with the reality of your life can change overnight because of an armchair warrior who is elsewhere.

Archived