The River of Kings 1V - January 31 - February 13

An over hyped, overblown production by a formerly disgraced princess working hard to dazzle her way into the affections of the 'little people'. Blindly supported by sycophantic nuvoeu hi-so's looking to get closer to the Court. Seriously do you want to sit on a boat on the middle of the river while a bunch of over dressed bad acting prats 'perform'? Odious.

Give me a morlam concert in the middle of a muddy field during a monsoon downpour - at least the feeling would be genuine.

"do you want to sit on a boat on the middle of the river while a bunch of over dressed bad acting prats 'perform'"

Sounds like the River Kwai festival in Kanchanaburi, though I did enjoy it. Once is enough though. I would also much prefer a Morlam concert, though they are hard to do when you are only visiting on holiday.

Update:

There is seating! They've moored a barge with a grand stand on top smack bang in the middle of the set - so if your on a boat you have to view from the side. As the set is a couple metres above the water level (depending on the tide) you won't see much close in on the boat. Hope not too many boats turn up because I'd like to see what happens when the big dinner cruise boats (including the River City Hotel behemoth) try to navigate that relativly narrow stretch of river filled with a couple dozen boats. Riverine disaster in the making.

Archived