thai feng shui

pattaya127

OK, my GF was away a few weeks ago, and my neighbour's thai wife told me that the way my bed was disposed in my condo could only bring bad luck as thais believe, as the head was at the same level as the toilets. Why not, changed the bed from one wall to the other wall, so that my feet were actually the closest part of my body to the john. Then Gf comes home, and sees the change and the first thing she says: This is bad luck positiooning for thais, the feet should not face the rising sun before your head. What should I do?

Confused in Pattaya

common sense would be to have it where u want it, however, if you believe in Feng Shui and it is important then you probably need to have the whole condo done as it seems everything is interlinked (as you are finding out)....

SB

OK, my GF was away a few weeks ago, and my neighbour's thai wife told me that the way my bed was disposed in my condo could only bring bad luck as thais believe, as the head was at the same level as the toilets. Why not, changed the bed from one wall to the other wall, so that my feet were actually the closest part of my body to the john. Then Gf comes home, and sees the change and the first thing she says: This is bad luck positiooning for thais, the feet should not face the rising sun before your head. What should I do?

Confused in Pattaya

Actually your GF is correct. From a feng shui point of view. It all has to do with the proper flow of energies. Put the bed back the way it should be!!! :grinyes: (don't want to take any chances in dirupting bed enery now do we? :neener: )

The Thai thing is NOT feng shui, just the high/low respect thing.

So raise the bed up on blocks and everybody happy. :grinyes:

Of course you could bring in the 9 monks to advise you, or the plumber to give you a sunken crapper, but IMHO the 1st method is simpler and a heck of a lot cheaper :hubba:

[color:"red"] never gave it too much thought, just playing along with TIT. [/color]

Leave it the way it was till she comes up with a better idea, after all, she's the only one who's bothered by the Feng Shui. ;)

Or maybe you could try to talk her out of that supersticious crap. :D I won't try that myself, though :p

Leave it the way it was till she comes up with a better idea, after all, she's the only one who's bothered by the Feng Shui.

Or maybe you could try to talk her out of that supersticious crap. I won't try that myself, though

-------------------------------------------

I'd think my neighbours, one being french, are as guilty as her to comment on HOW one must orientate one's bed. She has not threatened any action herself, if bed was staying in its new position, whereas my 2 thai/farang neighbours were adamant I must change it.

I agree with Lao Hu Li that it has a lot to do with low respect as much as superstition, since the feet are dimmed the lowest part, and the John the lowest as well, as concerns the rooms.

Other than that, talk the whole superstition "crap" out of thai life, and watch Thailand become a little less thai and a little more like Home, which so many on this board profess to only stand because they will be on a flight to LOS, God allows. there must be something right in thai life to long for that very special trip.

Archived