thai feng shui

pattaya127

it's just a matter of time before his GF finds out about this thread.

------------------------------------

To tell you the truth, she does not need to find out about the thread for the bad luck to start. The whole month of January has been a comedy of errors, wrong timing, and misunderstandings. And nope, I do not butterfly on her

• 2 weeks later...

IMO the Thai postioning of a bed had little to do with Feng Shui (this is very Chinese).

In older style Thai houses (especially upcountry) with no curtains it's just not very wise to have your feet point to the rising sun, as the sun will be straight in your face when you wake up (not a pleasant experience I would say).

It's just a common practice to have your head point to the rising sun. Of course some Thais brought in the bad luck aspect.

IMO the Thai postioning of a bed had little to do with Feng Shui (this is very Chinese).

Not sure I can agree with this. When we needed a major feng shui consultation in China, the Thai/Chinese owners flew in Thai monks at great expense and trouble. They spent several days analysing the situation before presenting their reccommendations (and a hefty bill) :grinyes:

The more you are willing to "donate", the more favorable the results will be. That ain't wrapping gum paper they stick on the idols.

Did an opening once with the 9 monks and all, UNF..ing Believable at what was spent. :cussing::banghead:

feng shui and the thai occult tradition are quite different. thai occultisn is heavily influenced by hindusm from India by way of Khmer.

As for bringing in Thai Buddist monks, faith is personal not geographic so I'd say the Thai-Chinese brought in monks that they had some connection to - through the temple they are from or the senior monk they are disiples of.

Also Communist Chinese were pretty good at wiping out or at least discrediting local chinese Buddhists so I get the impression that the Thai monks have better credibility.

Completely agree with your post.

Only trying to say that there is certainly influence and knowledge of Feng Shui here in Thailand. Especially in the North where there is more Chinese heritage, and yes these beliefs often become intertwined and convoluted. :bow:

Archived