Bangkok cafe's

thai3

Went to thonburi cafe for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was quite a shock. I was expecting a run down sort of place, but it's the best furnished cafe I have seen, far better than phra nam kaow, which looks like a big concrete shed full of tables and chairs.

The only problem is it's distance from sukhumvit, quite a drive and about as far as bang kae.Interestingly there is a massage parlor attached around the back but was with GF so did not look. Only negative was the sound level which was too loud. Also, as the banners outside showed, few big singers seem to appear Sayan Sanyar being the only name in Jan. Food not too bad and about the same prices as similar places, have to watch unasked for bottles of drink appearing when you about done with the ones you have, I sent some back. Lovely seats/booths you can snuggle up in.

Pra nam kaow seems to have a new PA, far too loud, why do they do this?, could not even order food without screaming, The vollume was so high we moved into the glassed off room on the left side so we could hear each other speak.When Rung Suriya came on though they turned it down, or maybe I started to go deaf. He was a bit disappointing, but the ladies liked him. The divine Jintara appears there on the 11th of this month, worth going deaf for!- anyone know of any other big cafe's?-peter

Archived