Waranuch Phuttachat-lady sing a song

thai3

Anybody seen this singer on TV or know anything about her? She is on the grammy label and has just released her third CD.The first was a double album of classic lukthung/lukrung then the second, like the first, released last year was terrible. They seemed to be trying something different but it did not seem to work and the whole CD just sounded odd. The new one is another winner though.

She has the most remarkable and distinctive voice, a bit nasal, but she sends shivers down the spine much the way sunaree can, I would put her in the same league. So if you like luktung check out this new girl, she looks very nice too

3 Namkum namjai namta is the new CD, don't think the first is still around-peter

Says samak:

ps: Namkum namjai namta! that's a bit a overflow isn't it?

Don't know as do not speak enough thai, what does it mean? Lukrung is a style of singing popular before luktung and commonly called city music. The subject is always romantic and the tempo is slow, the original style sounds like 1940's crooning sung to a small dance type western band. There are more modern sounding lukrung styles but the subject is the same, famous modern lukrung singer is olowi heard a lot in western thai restaurants as so easy on the ear.

Went to a lukrung concert in Bkk at sala chalerkrung, another world! Full of old rich women and singers I had never heard of. In the foyer they were selling loads of CD's, again I did not know any of them, the GF said they were all either very old or dead,--peter

Archived