Hotels for plain old tourists

sf_knight

Pathumwan Princess is good and connected to MBK and across the road from Siam Center, but any international hotel near the Skytrain should do the trick. My fave is still the Sheraton Grande Suk at around 100.00 with upgrade to a suite with a 5 night stay.

This may be helpful...off of rachada near Nanatree and the Emerald hotel are a few great middle class normal guesthouses on Intamara within a 100 to 150 baht ride to any area on Suk ie(MBK,WTC,etc.) Try the Kt guesthouse on see sip see it's a 4 story hotel with a pool,aircon,resturant,and web site for around 500 baht. I stay there alot due to the cleanliness and friendly staff.

Bill...I also heard/found a hotel on Sukumvitt called the Ambassador Suites on Soi 13 for 6250 Baht per week this is a real good deal...I'll try and get the web site for you. A note on KT-GH: it's a 35bht taxi ride to the sky train...They also have about 100 cue cards with english/Thai for all the good shopping/parks/temples/trains to give the taxi drivers...pretty helpful in getting around.

SkiBum

• 2 weeks later...

Archived