Renewal of 2nd UK passport at Brit Embassy?

Palatkik

Anyone know if you can stick a 2nd UK expired passport in at a UK embassy such as in Bangkok for renewal when actually entering the country on another current valid UK passport?

I have someone who needs to get his 2nd passport updated so he can use it and apply for work visas elsewhere whilst staying in Thailand with his current UK passport.

Cheers,

I have 2 British Passports and its never been a problem for renewing mine in Bangkok, however I have to always show them the one that contains my immigration visa. I suspect this is to confirm I am living here rather than passing through.

What jobs require you to leave your passport anywhere unless you are there? Sounds a but strange that one. Copies normally suffice until you arrive once your visa is approved in that country, at which point they put in your approriatte stamp.

Cheers

I have 2 British Passports and its never been a problem for renewing mine in Bangkok

So do I understand correctly that you can have 2 valid British passports at the same time? ::

"Do I have 2 valid British Passports at the same time?"

Yes - The British Govt allows in certain cases 2 passports to be issued if you can justify the need for two (ie lots of business travel to places that need visa's and the need to travel whilst one passport is in an embassy getting a visa processed. However here its a pain as you can only get your immigration visa put into one passport. Personally I will not renew the second one once it expires.

Cheers

>However here its a pain as you can only get your immigration visa put into one passport.

Yes, you do have to work it so you only use same passport for particular visa extensions or renewals. Not a problem with tourist type visas though. I finally got a reply from the Brit Embassy Bangkok by email (they are slow!) and can confirm they will renew a second passport if you also submit current passport used to enter Thailand.

Cheers,

Archived