How much do you pay for UBC

SingaporeSteve

I pay 800B month for UBC in my apt in Bangkok. For this I get about 6 of UBC's channels, plus a heap of Indian channels not on UBC and a couple of others ABC (Australia) being one them.

In my house in Pattaya I pay a subscription of 1400 baht or therabouts and get the whole lot of UBC.

Clearly there must be some multiple user scheme for serviced apartments but as my lease is coming up for renewall I am interested in knowing what other places charge.

So how much do you pay for UBC when you are paying it to the apt provider rather than direct to UBC?

Cheers

My landlord pays the ubc charges to the condo group as part of the assn fees so I don't know the fees.

The condo has a special package that has about 12 channels (hbo, cinemax, hallmark, espn, star sports, bbc, cnn, a few thai and nhk) which I think is between the gold and silver channel package offerings last time I looked.

I wanted to have my own satellite dish so I could get the gold package. The orientation (direction) of my balcony is such that I cannot get the signal via a satellite so UBC says they can't install one for me. Unfortunately, condo assn doesnt allow individuals dishes on the rooftop.

Because at least half a Apartment/condos (MSU's) can't receive UBC, they provdie a mini headend/STB on the roof which they then channel down to the rooms.

This is because you need to "See" the satelite in order to receive the signle. So half a building will always be in the shadow.

UBC, in great marketing, instead of providing a full service, offer a Parial service, which the Building owner/body corporate can subscrie to on behalf of their tenants/owners.

Hence it is 800 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

So how much do you pay for UBC when you are paying it to the apt provider rather than direct to UBC?

[color:"blue"]

At my current condo, I don't pay (explicitly, that is) for the gold package. At my previous condo, I directly reimbursed the owner (the bill was in his name and mailed to my residence) ... around 1,200 baht per month for the gold package.

The current pricing information, in English, can be found at UBC Pricing Details

[/color]

Archived