Bobby's Arms

Bobby's Arms. In the carpark on Patpong II; separate (main) entrance on Silom Soi 4.

I was in there on Friday night for the first time in, oh, at least 7 years. Nothing against the place, it's just taken me that long to wander back in. The Shepherd's Pie I had was good, but I was quite surprised at the renovations from my previous visit so many years ago. I don't know why I should have been surprised after not going there for so long, but it has a thoroughly modern feel now, and from the bar you can stare at the Young and Beautiful ( :rolleyes:) across Silom Soi 4 in Noriega's. I remember it had a cozy English-pub feel to it before, and I'd say the atmosphere has suffered quite a bit.

I'll give you another opinion in 2010, which should be my next patronage of Bobby's.

Hi SS,

Happened to be in the area today and stopped off for lunch. It has definitely changed and I would say not for the better. I had the famous fish and chips which was not as good as before.

To be fair though, it is in the middle (or not yet at the end) of the renovation work so maybe when it is all finished it will be better. I guess the changes are to keep it in the market - and the entrance on Silom Soi 4 is likely to attract more customers.

Can't blame the owners for trying to increase profits - not much money in nostalgia. :rolleyes:

Khwai

Bobby's Arms used to be the ONLY place I ate before my jaunts through the 'pong.

Just like you, the last time I was there with a couple of guys, we were the only customers. The place was dead.

The menu and the food hadn't changed much, though, and I have usually had good feeds there.

Didn't they open up a Bobby's Arms 2 on Soi 23?

Never went there and am wondering about that place.

I THINK that one on Soi 23 is gone. It was right by Tia Maria, my favorite Mexican Food place. I never went in, and the last couple of times I've been to Tia Maria, I think I noticed the Bobby's Arms sign missing.

Hi SS,

I'm fairly sure the Bobby's Arms on Soi 23 has closed. I went there twice - long time ago. Both times I and companion were the only customers. The second time I experienced a violent vomiting attack as I left - just managed to make it back inside to the gent's in time to save total emabrrassment. I don't know what caused it.

Khwai

Archived