The Somerset Hotel

akay56

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in Manhattan first two weeks of June and would not call it guest "friendly".

I made sure to book double room (about 150 Bt. more per night than single as I recall), so they really couldn't stick me with extra charges when I brought guests back to room, but stopped us at elevator on three or four occasions and double checked that had indeed paid for two-in-a-room.

Somerset rudely required a 500bt joiner fee so I checked out the first morning. Manhattan didn't require joiner fee from me but I have heard they did to others. Raumchitt charged me once for joiner fee but have not heard they have ever charged anyone else.

• 3 weeks later...

An work friend of mine stayed there earlier this year and will use it again in August. I have seen the rooms which are comfortable. The reception desk had a joiner fee listed but I was told by my friend that he took back Thermae girls every night without being charged extra.

OTOH I wouldn't stay there myself, found the place too stale and quiet for my tastes.

Cheers,

i stayed there and it was vary quite hardly any one around at all... I did order a massage frome one of there room service flyers..and it took around 8 hours for her to show up..and i almost wanted to send her away.. i found the place vary boreing.. as I was the only person in the pool..did not bring and women back to my room as i had spent the last three weeks in malaysia with my chinese gf and really thought she was watching me from there..haha what a waste ..but they got quite nasty about charging me more for a late check out..and there was no hot water most of the time.. do most of the hotels in thailand have hot water at certain times only? and I really would like to stay in a high rise hotel with a pool on the roof next time for the view ,and a little more women, hanging around would be nice..and is a room safe or hotel safe better ???

Archived