How do you know that your partner loves you?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the things mine told me when we were discusing our considerable age difference.

'You not old yet. When you old not worry, I will carry you to the bathroom, wipe you ass and take you back to bed. Then I feed you rice and make love you. I Thai woman, I not leave you. But not worry, you not old yet"

Other than a being terribly sweet and making me feel much younger, I alway reflect that I could never find a western woman to ever say that. Now she doesn't have to say so much. Just looks at me. :grinyes:

No doubt the fountain of youth is here in Thailand, spread amongst its women's eyes. (pretty mushy eh?)

If a woman says you that she loves you, it means virtually nothing. It is just too easy to say anything that you want to hear. (Of course this is also true if a man tells a girl that he loves her.)

What counts are acts, words are nothing. So if she takes care of you, she might love you.

I think in the way that she looks at you or kiss you, you could allready know if she loves you. But normally we just don't want to accept what we know.

Best regards

So if she takes care of you, she might love you.

----------------------------------------

I disagree strongly. A lot of thai women are used to be serving the guy they are with. Can be only sex, but could be a week or a year long relationship, even marriage. You do the providing, and they do their own side of the equation, treating the provider well. May be love, but just to be a good woman at home, even nursing you when you are mai sabai, is only a reflection of her upbringing, her kindness or her interest, but not love.

P127, what you say is also true.

I think the central issue and problem here is the use of this word 'love'

I doubt few can define it, even for themselves.

The romaticised Western version often depicted through Victorian literature and exported all over the world for the past century is simply that. An idealistic story. More lives have been shattered by believing in this fantasy, than by any other outside the religeous relm. Concepts of "one true love", "love forever", "the only one I could ever love", etc. are for most, at the least, a fantasy and at the worst, a cruel delusion. They deny mankinds reality and hundreds of generations of real love in families that never met before marriage.

So unless one can find, and LIVE their definition of love, then we embark on a philosopical journey. A pouring from the empty into the void.

Archived