How do you know that your partner loves you?

>Personally I, as you do, apparently, are more comfortable with the reality we have chosen. Unique, but real for us....and them.

Spot on.

If I were into Thai middle class people, I would have never been into what I am now.

Thai middle class are no match to their farang counterparts. They are just immitating the West in a grotesque manner.

For me, this is an expedition into a wild, dangerous and unknown area.

With some problems along the way, I think I am doing well so far.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, this is an expedition into a wild, dangerous and unknown area.

With some problems along the way, I think I am doing well so far.

Damn straight. This is where reality is.

"Sleeping with tigers will get some scratches."

My respect.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Says think_too_mut:

Sniffing around I found that up-country Thais never say "love you" to their partners.

Older folks don't call each other neither by name nor "honey" or "darling". As children are amost always there, parents call each other "mama" and "papa".

Younger Thais (not too influenced by western movies) would say "love you" to their partners on birthdays and some other important days.

So, "love you" or "miss you" at Don Muang after a week or so means - nothing.

TTM,

I disagree.......

My GF does not stop saying it all day long :) :) :) :)

Cheers !

>I disagree.......

My GF does not stop saying it all day long

I love to hear different opinions...nice that you haven't forgotten to criticise me and what I bring to the board...

Wish you make that cloud your permanent residence...don't forget to have some ladders ready to stretch downwards for your less fortunate friends :)

Hi TTM,

[color:"red"] love to hear different opinions...nice that you haven't forgotten to criticise me and what I bring to the board...

Wish you make that cloud your permanent residence...don't forget to have some ladders ready to stretch downwards for your less fortunate friends [/color]

I think that it depends (again) on individuals. My brother who has been married for 21 years, said in a more teasing (embarassed like) to his wife once in a while, but he says "love you" to his daughter all the time. My mother says it in a different way to her grand-children like "Becuase I do love you, I need to tell you this". She has not said she loved me much when I visit but would ask all the times about my welfare on subjects as food, comfort and many things.

Hubby does not say "I love you" much either but he will respond "I do love you, Babe" when I say it. He says it more often when we are on the phone though.

It is not important what people say as much as what they do, right? :hug: :hug: :hug:

Cheers!

Archived