English Premier League

Brink15

Bibblies, I've pretty much given up on the fantasy league. I don't think I have a bad team per se, but Brink15 and a few others just seem to get more points.

On another note, does anybody know if they will be showing both the Worthington Cup championship and Arsenal matches this weekend in the kingdom. I make my return. The sad thing is I am more concerned (at least on my arrival Sunday) with being able to see the fixtures than seeing my tee lok. I've gone over the edge. :: My 'tee lok' complained the last time I was there that I watched too much football.

By the way, do you all think Man Utd will win the CL? They are looking very good. I was not impressed in the early rounds as I thought they had an easy group and didn't play anyone of consequence but the convincing away win in Turin has caught my attention. Especially since Juve is in form and on top of Serie A. Note this, early prediction: Bayern will be my early season fave in the CL next year (next to Arsenal of course). Not to knock Man Utd (although I enjoy doing it) but objectively speaking, I think Newcastle can nick 2nd if they continue their away form. They will not lose at home for the rest of the year and will beat Chelsea. If they are within a whisker when they play MUFC they will win the home fixture.

If Fergie ends up 3rd (again) and only has a Worthless Cup to show for his efforts, what do you all think will happen?

Who will get regulated? WBA for sure, I hate to see West Ham go down but they probably will. From what I hear, if they do, the West Ham / Millwall games could be 'entertaining'. Not sure if Sunderland can stay up (sorry Long Gun) but I hope they do.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finish 3rd and only win the Worthless Cup!!! The odd thing is that this would be seen as a fantastic season for any other team except the Arse - and I do include the Scousers.

I suspect that we will see changes at OT come what may. I think Fergie has come to the conclusion that some of his boys may have to move on. I wouldn't be surprised if either Giggs or Beckham (nothing to do with the boot incident) move on if an Italian team has got the money.

To coin a phrase - "it's a funny old game".

Last night, before the game had really settled down, Juve hit the post, United go up field and score. Pivotal moment in the game, and , although Juve still have some chances, Utd go on to control the game.

Remind you of a little FA Cup tie a couple of weeks ago!!

"On another note, does anybody know if they will be showing both the Worthington Cup championship and Arsenal matches this weekend in the kingdom. I make my return. The sad thing is I am more concerned (at least on my arrival Sunday) with being able to see the fixtures than seeing my tee lok. I've gone over the edge. My 'tee lok' complained the last time I was there that I watched too much football"

"The 'footie or Thai girls' choice would be more apropos if you were living in Thailand wouldn't it? In England, you have no choice but football, unless you know some Thai girls locally. As for this board, football has a season and an off seaon, discussion about Thai girls does not have an offseason, its year round : ) "

Steve, the second quote is your reply to my "Footie or Thai Girls" post last August. As each day goes by, I think that you are getting closer to understanding!!

"Who will get regulated? WBA for sure, I hate to see West Ham go down but they probably will. From what I hear, if they do, the West Ham / Millwall games could be 'entertaining'. Not sure if Sunderland can stay up (sorry Long Gun) but I hope they do."

Well, I would leave the regulations to city councils and such :D

If West Ham do go down, it could mean some very interesting players on the market this summer. They have quality in their squad, and must surely be one this seasons main disappointments.

I think Sunderland are going down, but I think they will be joined by West Brom and Bolton.

But its early to say - one bad run could put teams as Leeds and Fulham in big problems. Especially Leeds have a tough schedule left and have lost quality players.

Cheers!

Hi Steve.

i would think both games will be on TV in LOS.

in my experience all games shown live in the UK were always on Thai TV.

at least they will be at a more decent time for you.

Arsenal and Newcastle to get a result a result tonight.

Arse can get away with a draw,but the toon Have to win really.

i will watch both games with interest and hope both teams get stuffed.

If Fergie ends up 3rd (again) and only has a Worthless Cup to show for his efforts, what do you all think will happen?

nothing will happen,he has another 2 years on his contract.

he IS the most important employee at OT and if the unthinkable happened and the board sacked him,the fallout would be enormous.

personally i think he is unsackable.

just like Winger,what if Arse go into freefall?,will the board sack him?.

very unlikely.

i would think it would be unlikely if either Giggs or Beckham went to Italy.

Giggs has been at the club for over 10 years and has stated he has no interested in leaving.

Fergie looks upon him as a son and has nurtured his career.

the reports that Inter want him are a little off mark for me,they can't afford him.

Italian football is so much in debt,could they afford the £20 million price that Utd would ask for?.

Becks might go,but only on the 'advice' of his wife.

but he would be silly to go.

it seems to me that 'Vicky' wants so much money and can he get more then he is on at Utd?.

maybe,but in Italy he would get kicked all over the field.

Spain is a better option for both of them.

Juve.

i was really surprised the way Utd played.

we knew that the game against Juve was not as important as the WC final,but i was surprised at the team Fergie fielded.

quite strong and i was also surprised at the way they played.

i was expecting a cautious approach from Utd,after all only needing 1 point from 3 games.

but no,they went for it.

i really enjoyed the game,end to end and much excitement.

both teams hit the woodwork and both goalies made good saves and a few chances missed.

Veron was awesome,all over the place and Rio has certainly found his feet ans settled in.

another superb solo goal from Giggs(why could'nt he do it against Arse)?

but the moment for me?

G.Neville chipping the Italian #1 from 20-25 yards and the ball bouncing off the bar.

that was taking the piss.

"nothing will happen,he has another 2 years on his contract.

he IS the most important employee at OT and if the unthinkable happened and the board sacked him,the fallout would be enormous.

personally i think he is unsackable."

I agree, it has to be some pretty bad results over a long period to remove him.

This also shows in his recent handling of the media, in the Ericsson affair. He isn't afraid to ridicule his own board. I have found Fergie to be very calculating in his dealings with the media. He plays from a position of strength at the moment.

Cheers!

too true.

Fergie walks all over the board,i think the only one who he has respect for is Sir Bobby.

Fergie and Bobby are the only one's from a football background.

his timing is impeccable.

all the crap about Becks and the bad result against Bolton was deflected by his statement about Sven.

a lot of bad press was written about Utd for a week,but he turned it around.

suddenly the team's problems are forgotten and the media focus is on the FA and Utd's board.

and along with the result against Juve,he is suddenly in vogue again.

but i notice he never actually accused the Utd board or Sven concluding a deal.

it was his opinion.

and i notice no statement from Sven denying the claims.

so that strikes me as an admission of guilt.

thank fuck Fergie decided to stay,i would hate the idea of Sven as our manager.

i do not and never have rated him.

Archived