A Day at the Beach--Jomtien

Central Scrutinizer

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bakkabon,

Ouch. Sounds like no fun at all. You had this happen to you? What time of the year was this? I hear these little box jellyfish have quite a painful sting. I've seen them in the waters before, but have never been stung, and only noticed them usually during the summer season, not during the rest of the year.

Cent

ib13,

You know, I've never noticed an elephant on Jomtien all the times over the years I've been there. Which part of Jomtien did you see this? My usual haunt is just up a bit from across the money exchange once you make the turn onto he beach.

Yeah, it is best to have a lady along usually, but sometimes they can be more trouble than their company is worth on the beach! And more expensive in their consuming mass quantities of seafood. :-) (Plus my wife likes fucking Heiniken! "Big bottle please darling. Okay?" she says. Hahaha!)

Cent

Pasathai,

Yes, I truly believe this would be a never-ending list to compile! Hahaha! I did this post about 5 years ago actually. It was one of the first things I ever posted to the first Nanaplaza board I believe. I put it up again now because I have done a sequel to it this past trip over that I'll be posting soon. (I need to type it up from my scribblings I did on the beach. It's almost done.) It's called, "Another Day at the Beach-Jomtien Revisited".

I haven't had much, if any really, time to write and finish this. (I meant to have it up days ago.) My Dad is sick with another tumor in his other lung now. He's already had one lung taken out from a cancer six years ago. This new one they found recently while I was away in Thailand. I've come home early to help my Mum and Dad through his treatments. Chemo and radiation. The tumor is cancerous. So my time has been limited since my return to the states, lots of doctor and hospital visits, and tests and such. He starts the chemo and radiation this coming Monday, and really I haven't been in the mood so to speak for writing amusing posts. :-) The radiation therapy sessions will be daily, and last for about 7 weeks. Hopefully it'll kill the friggin' tumor, along with the six days of Chemotherapy he gets. 3 next week, and 3 days of chemo four weeks later. He's gonna be a sick man for the next couple of months. Wish him luck and say a prayer will ya.

Cent

NPPete,

Yeah, Jomtien is a much cleaner beach than Pattaya Beach, and a much nicer place for swimming. I wouldn't go in the water in Pattaya still. No matter how clean the gov says the water is now. There is just not that vigorous of a tide in Pattaya, and the harbor sludge just lays there on the bottom. Jomtien is more on the open ocean and the tide washes in and ot at a greater rate and cleans out the crap in the water to a much greater extent than Pattaya's beach.

And yes, those vendors can be extremely rude at times. The ones who touch me when I am sleeping in the chair in the un really tick me off no end, and some have been on the recieving end of a tirade of foul langauge from myself a fw ties. Imagine fucking grabbing someones fucking hand and tugging on it while they sleep on the beach, and then having the nerve to stick around and ask them to then buy something from you!! Amazing gall really. Idiots!

Cent

i agree with the part of someone waking you up and having the nerve to ask you to buy something. The same same goes for the touts who come back again and again selling the Elvis pictures, watches, etc etc.. when you say no every stinking time, you'd think they would get the hint.

ZMAN Z28

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

redwood,

Cha Am huh? I guess this is where I need to go then!! How's the water? The tides? Good for swimming? I'd love to sit and relax withot being pestered constantly by these pains in the neck. And some seem to have no manners or shame what-so-ever. I didn't ention the beggars in this story, mainly because they were so bad this trip to the beach that I am doing a SEPERATE post just on the beggars!!

I guess I'll have to search out some more isolated, less touristy, beaches rather than Jomtien. Its just so handy there though when you are in Pattaya.

Cent

Archived