A Day at the Beach--Jomtien

Central Scrutinizer

The water at Cha Am is good for swimming. A very gradual change in depth from the waterline on out. There are roped off areas as there are the usual motor craft zipping about, though not a lot of these.

The sand beach is somewhat gravelly though not excessively so. There are causurina trees planted from the road onto the beach for shade and then the beach slopes down to the waterline from there, so the beach is not really flat. I don't know Jomtien Beach so I can't compare the two. I do know Patong Beach and it is much nicer in terms of the beach itself, much nicer sand & much wider, but with a dangerous undertow especially in the rainy season. The water at Cha Am appeared to be clean enough but there's a small river at the N. end of the beach that will likely dump all sorts of shit from upriver during the rainy season.

-redwood

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Cent:

You know, I've never noticed an elephant on Jomtien all the times over the years I've been there.

You could apply for the job of the cop who stands near NEP, about 2 meters away from the elephant. For some reason, he never sees the elephant either! :)

• 1 month later...

Great stuff - very amusing.

Now how about a similar posting for the hawkers at the beer bars on Soi 2!!!!!!

And where can I buy a T-shirt which has the Thai for

"No I do not want to buy a 5 LB carved elephant and drag it around the beer bars all night looking like a pratt!" written on it!!!

They should sell them on the beach!!! :grinyes:

(Would "Fuck Off And Leave me alone" be too blunt?) :banghead:

Archived