Royal Asia Lodge vs Dynasty INN

Im currently trying to work out which of these hotels is going to be the best for my first visit to bangkok (NEP).

Any feedback on either would be appreciated.

I have read a few good things about Dynasty but nothing about Royal Asia Lodge..

Thanks

Pussyradier

Ok,

I was worried that the rooms would be smallish. I think ill cancel the Royal Asia Lodge booking and go with Dynasty Inn as I havent heard anything bad.

Thanks

Pussyraider

I was at royal asia lodge once, then i changed to the promenade hotel which is in the same soi (soi 8) but it's closer all the action...maybe about 150 meters from the main sukhumvit. Also majestic suits is good but it's more expensive than the promenade...so it depends on your budget.

I have not stayed at Dynasty, but visited friend there. It is a popular spot and right next to NEP. A great spot for first timer as you can walk to everything you need.

I'm at Royal Asia Hotel just up Soi 8 from the Lodge. At under 900B it is a good value and no guest problems. I had 3 girls one night (at the same time) and the night clerk hardly noticed. You do need to take the Tuk Tuk from the hotel to Sukumvit as it is about 300 meters down Soi 8, it's too hot to walk. No charge for this service and it operates 24 hours per day. There is a call box for pickup at the Sukumvit end.

Soi 8 is where the Nana station is. Very close to Eden's, Clinton Plaza and the Thermae.

Nice restaurant on 9th floor. Internet in lobby.

Have fun!

Archived