" Me Thai budda no can do.... "

walletss

[color:"red"] I had one lady tell me, "Bhudda say I cannot smoke." I said, "Mai pen rai, Bhudda say I cannot pay." We had a laugh and proceeded into other areas that Bhudda obviously failed to mention. [/color]

This is a bunch of bull what these women have nerves to use Buddhism this way. May be that is why they have to make this kind of living in this life ( I am just disgusted here, sorry). ::

I understand your sense of humor and it is good that you can share this type of nonsense. Ones will do or say anything to make their jobs easy, typical!!!

No Buddism has ever got involved in "human sexuality" period. What do I expect from people like these, eh??? :banghead:

It is too bad that people are exposed to this type of mentality.

Jasmine :(

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>This is a bunch of bull what these women have nerves to use Buddhism this way. May be that is why they have to make this kind of living in this life ( I am just disgusted here, sorry).

You could be disgusted, you know things better than us.

I am just surprised, have never seen any manifestation of gf's religion other than quick "wai" like move she makes when passing buy a temple or spiritual house.

The only unusual (to me) thing was her hesitation to chuck away rice leftovers. It takes some little praying before rice (which stayed overnight) is taken to the bin.

I must admit, I am suprised about the lack of understanding some people show in their statements.

Understanding about what Buddha means to the big majority of Thai people, whom the BG are a part of.

I can only talk for myself, but I always remove my Buddha from my neck and put it on a high place in the room, when going to bed for anything else than sleep. I do it in respect for my own personal Buddha and for the girls. My experience is, they appreciate this move.

making fun of other people (BG belief)

------------------------------------

jasmine, amulets (even with the B image) have nothing to do with religious beliefs, but superstition. Buddha said to let go of anything and they are clinging to some little pieces of wood or metal to petition the Heavens. Fine, but let's not mix it with Buddhism, IMO. Most of these amulets are not worn to show respect for the Buddha, but in the hope they will bring luck of many sorts to their wearers.

You are right, a picture, an amulet, a cruxifix or whatever and even the churches as organisations have nothing to do with believe. And especially Bhudda-amulets are used in the believe that they bring luck or prefent evil.

I am an atheist, but respect peoples way of believing, with exceptions. fx. radical muslims or members of catholic groups like Opus Dei or SJ.

By the way, I just remember af funny/sad story which Thai-people might shake their heads about.

A friend of mine had a night with a freelancer a few years ago. When he woke up in the morning, the girl was gone and his golden Buddha-amulets too. Later he ran into that girl again. Off course she denied everything, but had an explanation: Buddha

has gone back to temple :dunno:

There are a lot of us, BGs and punters, who are believers at some level or another. Doesn't mean we are very good advertisements for our respective religions. Having been married to an Isaan farm girl (yes, she was working when I met her), oral sex is a big barrier--she wouldn't let me go down on her and a BJ wan't even imaginable. The Buddha amulet was very important and came off before sex. Any position that would have resulted in feet pointed at the royal pictures at the head of the bed probably would have been cause for feeding it to the duck.

If you claim to respect the BGs as people which a lot of guys on this board do, respect for their religion is part of the package.

Archived