Pattaya watches - highly recommended experience!

robaus

I?ve just had yet another pleasant experience in the Land of Smiles.

I took my favourite watch in for repair to Mr. Wong in Pattaya yesterday. I bought it from him 3 years ago and it has kept perfect time ever since. However, I dropped it on the bathroom floor a few days ago and dislodged one of the arm movements. Went to pick it up today, and even though he knew it was my carelessness that caused the fault ?? no charge, ?mai ben lai?. That?s what I call service!

In 10 years off and on that I?ve used him and recommended others to him, I have never heard a complaint. For a shop that is difficult to find it speaks volumes that it is often full of farangs, there simply by word of mouth and repeat customers.

He speaks excellent English. He will sell you anything you see with the hawkers on the street at a fair price straight off without haggling, and will sell you quality watches too. He will tell you honestly what the chances are whether the watch will still be working in one month?s time or a lifetime. He knows his watches, and will recommend ones if you live in a sweaty hot climate or in a freezing cold one. He sells sunglasses and a few other bits and pieces too.

He?s difficult to find. He?s at the back of the markets down South Pattaya Road, about 150 metres down from the traffic lights with the junction of 2nd Road, and opposite the temple. Go straight past the vegie and fish stalls, then turn left in the very last aisle.

I can recommend him very highly indeed.

Chok dee krap.

Archived