pattaya airport....best way to get there?

june11

Hi!

I'm not sure if I understood your post correctly. The signs are for taxi to Don Muang (BKK). Mostely they are Bangkok metred taxis that are waiting for a return fare. If you were refering to Pattaya airport (Utapao) I don't know.

Other options to go to BKK airport is minibus at about 350 baht. If you're unlucky the bus is packed with luggage and people. Another option is to take an aircon bus from the north rd. bus station. There are (I think) 3 buses every day that go to the airport. There are also buses to Moorchit bus station that is closer to the airport than Ekamai.

regards

ALHOLK

When i'm in pattaya i see signs like "taxi 800 baht to airport".

The sign refers to getting back to Bangkok Int'l Airport from Pattaya and not to the local airport.

U Tapao airport is near Sattahip (about 1/2 to Rayong along the coast). I believe Bangkok Airways flys from here to Koh Samui - not confirmed as I've never used the service.

In Pattaya, you can probably negotiate with the baht bus to take you to there. Or if you or someone speak Thai, can ask the locals to how to get there. My guess is there are baht bus runs down the coast (seen plenty in my car as I used to go to Rayong to play golf).

I've done the trip to Samui from U-Tapoa quite a few times and now usually either arrange a cab through the hotel or BGs I know. You can get mini buses there but they are a pain in the arse as they go round various hotels picking people up. I've also in the past gone by baht bus and I would'nt recomend that either. I would'nt think the motor cycle taxi is a good idea either as a previous poster said the journey is about 40 minutes and you'd only be able to get a very small amount of luggage on the bike with you.

Cheers Simie.

• 4 weeks later...

This is probably a bit late, but if you leave Utapao for Samui, you fly BKK Airways. Book with them directly, the new office is just behind the crossing, 1st Rd and.....where TOPS is, on the right side hand, shortly after the crossing.

BKK Airways has a transfer service for a couple of hundred Baht, pick you up everywhere in town, can''t beat it. They leave early though, around 9 or 10 in the morning pick up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived