A man with REAL problems!

Zaad

Some people have all the luck in the world while others are chased by the opposite. Well, this guy must have had the devil's luck or something. There's a soldier not living far from me, a corporal if I'm not mistaken whose life is really fucked up. There's no other way to describe what this man must be going through daily.

He's in his late 30's, has 4 kids and is divorced. He takes care of 2 of them while his ex takes care of the other 2. He gets financial child support from the government for 3 kids. He must pay everything by himself for the 4th one. You must be thinking why the heck they got that last kid. Well, me too but I have honestly no idea, could be an accident and ex didn't want to get an abortion. Can't tell.

Anyway, taking care of those 2 kids only is not at all an easy task for a man who's earning hardly above 5.000B/m. This results in having a nasty debt at school of a few ten thousands (30, 40, something) and increasing by day of course. Due to his financial problems, all he eats is rice and eggs every single freaking day. Nothing more nothing less. Boiled eggs, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, omelette, you name it. He must know a million more recipes containing eggs.

The worst thing above all is that this poor man is suffering from HIV. Only the future can and unfortunately will tell how many days he has left to live. Must be an undescribable HELL to go to sleep every night and not knowing if you?re going to wake up the very next day to see and take care of your beloved kids.

The only thing the army is able to do is to go easy on him and to continue paying his salary at the end of the month without too many complaints.

I wish this man and his family all the luck in the world as he?s literally dying for brighter days.

I'm not at all trying to create a funeral atmosphere here, just want people to realize and appreciate who they are and what they have. Surely I do. Life's too short for pathetic little complaints about so called 'badluck'. There are actually people out there with SERIOUS problems who I don't hear complaining about a thing.

Let's just shut the fuck up about giving or not giving food and/or cab money (no offense) or other silly complaints and live our lifes as if there?s no tomorrow.

Not a complaint just an observation.

Zaad

You got that right Zaad--A trip to Cambodia, Nepal and Bangladesh put me down to earth again. I told myself that I will never feel sorry for myself--ever. People got it rough, a whole rougher than we can imagine sometimes, but we live in our selfish circle and freak out if the hotel isn't up to snuff, or the fish isn't cooked properly.

Yep. My wake up call was when I went to Bombay (Mumbai) in the early 50's. I can honestly say I have never really complained about anything since that time. Just thank my lucky stars for the life I've had !!

Cheers Hall.

Hi,

How do other Thais around him feel? From my experience, it seems many things most of the Thais see, it is blamed on "karma" and nothing else, just let it be. Perhaps I have lived in the West too long that there must be something many of well-to-do Thais can do. For what you said, at least his work is still helping him in their own ways.

Not far from my mother's house, there is place which must be close to "slums", for lacking of words and my mother's masseuse lives there with her old mother and a baby with a part-time husband. Seeing people being kind to her is quite refreshing. 100 Baht is very much money to them.

Hope this soldier's children will have good education to help their future! :(

Jasmine

Hi,

I went to India in the late sixties and the experience did help me. However, I tend to forget how many people's lives are worse than mine especially when I get so tired from commuting 5 hrs/day and my project can be taxing at times.

Like this morning, the darn train was cancelled so I had to find other way to get to work, took 3 hrs. this AM and anything that could go wrong went wrong, I had to go and cried in a lady's room before I could get to a meeting.

I really appreciate that this hardship of many humen was brought up. Thank you. :hug: :hug:

How do other Thais around him feel?

Hi Jasmine,

My wife's colleague/friend told us this sad story. I don't know this guy personally, she does. All I know (have been told) is what I've written above. They only thing we're able to do is give him a bit of financial support. For him that's a lot and I'm happy we can do at least something to brighten his very dark days.

Zaad.

Hi Jasmine,

My wife's colleague/friend told us this sad story. I don't know this guy personally, she does. All I know (have been told) is what I've written above. They only thing we're able to do is give him a bit of financial support. For him that's a lot and I'm happy we can do at least something to brighten his very dark days.

Zaad.

You and your wife are doing a wonderfull thing by helping when you can.

What will happen to the children are there others in the family that can help out? :bow:

What will happen to the children?

No idea, TB.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he has everything 'worked out' for the day he leaves this world.

I guess anybody would if knowing that the final day could arrive any minute.

Maybe his ex will take them over. :dunno:

Hi Zaad,

My heartfelt thanks to your wife and you. I am sure that you have brought many bright days to his life.

Again my thanks.

Want to share a story of a Hong Kong ex-prostitute Chinese woman. She had breast implants and they got hard and she got quite ill, her then-husband filed bankrupcy then divorced her so she got nothing. No health insurance and no money and she got into a welfare system and wanted to go back to Hong Kong to "die there". 2 Asian women, one was me and the other was a nurse from the Phillipines, collected about $400 and sent her home and I have to admit that most money we received were from the ex-BG, mostly Thais and a few American friends. For several months, the people who were kind to her were mostly ex-BG from Thailand. Most Chinese or educated Thais turned their faces away.

May your good deeds pay you back 10 folds. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jasmine

No idea, TB.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he has everything 'worked out' for the day he leaves this world.

I guess anybody would if knowing that the final day could arrive any minute.

Maybe his ex will take them over.

I hope she does i hate to think what may happen to them :dunno:

Archived