Fleeced by a Thai Gold Digger

I feel really sorry for his Kids

Imagine, your inheritance has been given away to some slut and youve also figured out your Dad is a prize prick. :doah:

To give it a different twist it's things like this that give good Thais a bad name and makes it hard to enter the UK.

Its no wonder a lot of people back home think were all a bunch of sex starved idiots.

On a lighter note

Sieakhunt you are a very funny man.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stories like these is no different than a representation of people on every street corner. Life is a jungle and one needs to approach it like it is. Trust no one until they can prove their trustworthiness, honor, and integrity.

He was a vulnerable guy who got preyed upon. It happens every day whether socially or in business. He was scammed.

I think there is no fool-proof method to prevent these events other than one's own common sense and trying to step back.

The most important thing in this case is not that he got taken, but he crossed the line financially were it becomes detrimental to your lifestyle, well-being, other people's future.

While it might be business-like on how I approach this, I always ask the question to myself, Can I afford to lose whatever I am dishing out? If I lose it all, will it have no bearing on my lifestyle or my future financial outlook.

I supported a thai girl for around 5 years at 20,000B a month give or take a few months of breaking up and getting back again. Yes, it was a cost to me, but it didn't adverse my lifestyle or potentially create a financial hardship to me. Somewhere you have to have a point where one cut your losses no matter what. Each of us sets a different ctriteria what that point is.

Some might say every single penny is important to protect. For others, people can blow $2,000K a month and it doesn't effect them.

When you start to open up essential money or critical monies to you to outsiders, that is where people fall into trouble. When you are raiding trusts, IRAs, borrowing, cutting back your lifestyle to support someone else/others, that is the red flag. Please don't tell me about sacrifices and commitments!

I think a good lesson for someone to take away from this is how much disposable income can one afford when one gets into a relationship vs what is one's current net worth. I wish I didn't have to approach love/relationships as a business adventure/equation but can the average guy really afford not to?

Is she affordable on an operational level (day to day expenses) and long-term capital expenditure-wise (big ticket items).

I see the world filled with Thomas Hobbs! Forget about the Romeos and Juliets of the world as what happened to our UK lost soul. I feel sorry for him but he created the conditions for it to happened to him. He didn't protect himself nor the people close to him. The bottom line it all comes down to $$$ and common sen$e when we our trying to assess other people and relationships with them.......

Cardinalblue

"I know of a guy who came to live here and bought a bar.... 'it was always my dream to own a bar in Thailand', amazingly it was his first visit. He bought the bar on the basis of an advert in a British paper."

Those who invest in bars without any knowledge than drinking is yet another easy target for the scammers. Some years ago a Norwegian dude fled the country after robbing his employer. Of course, he invested in Pattaya in bars and wasted his money. He did the same in Brazil.

He became quite a celebrity here in Norway the dumb ass, and ended up as a reporter for mens magazines after serving his time.

Cheers!

Cardinalblue,

your post makes a lot of sense, as long as you realise you are talking from a luxury position. Not everybody has enough cash to be able to gamble just with dispensable funds.

That doesn't necessarily mean that is a bad thing to risk your money on a relationship, as long as you are fully aware of possible repercussions. Make a worst-case scenario and if you can live with that, by all means, go for it.

Anybody who would loan money from a trust fund to support a person who drives a bmw is just an accident waiting to happen. This guy was a sitting duck, waiting to be taken to the cleaners. He simply got what he asked for.

Cheers,

soongmak

Wow,

What a story of desperation .The guy is a first class Idiot.I find it hard to feel sorry for him or anyone else in a similar situation.I hope it hits home for anyone reading this forum who is considering doing what he did.I think if your having probs with farang women in your own country and think that Thai is the answer to get the Lady of your dreams,then your about to make those problems worse tenfold.Im no expert,but I think you really need to have a street wise mentality when living life in general and this comes in real handy in LOS.This guy lost the plot out of desperation and loneliness.Dont be looking for true love in LOS if this is your mind set.Matter of fact dont be looking for true love anywhere.There has been some good posts in reply to this thread.bibblies and sileakhunt are good ones.

There is a song in Australia buy a Australian band called the Whitlams.Title-Theres no Afrodisiac like loneliness.

It kinda weaves its way in to this one?

sky brow

Thats true, there was a case a few years ago about a guy who had £50 000 stolen. He had gone to Pattaya to buy a bar "nice and sleezy" when he went on a visa run he gave the money to his bg gf with predictable results.

He ended up topping himself, your right cases like the aforementioned do give Thai ladies a bad name in the west , and its not fair as it is only a very small minority, but a big enough minority for it to keep happening!

Are Phillipino ladies as likley to play this game.

STH

Well I do feel sorry for the guy, but jeez how long does it take to figure things out. Couple of simple concepts. Wife stops sleeping with you, she has to go! Wife runs back home for not "real" reason. she has to go!. I fully expect to pay for the privlige of having a thai wife someday, but it will never be more than I would spend on just BFs or STs. I also would never expect the marraige to last more than 2 years. That is the point they can get their permanent residency card. The bottom line is if it flys, floats, or f*cks it is cheaper to rent than to own.

Archived