Visa free countries for a Thai passport ?

Coloseum

I don't see why transit visa's should be required as transit areas in international airports don't require any immigration proceedures & you don't actually enter the country - just the airports restricted transit area?

I might be mistake of course & some country's might officially require visa's, but I don't see the need for it! If someone wanted to 'sneak' into the country to get asylom whatever one would need to clear immigration & thats when a VISA would be needed...

Come to think of it I actually I've got 2 travel experiences to back that up:

2 trips from bkk->cph with stopovers in bangladesh & russia respectively. Both requires visa for me to visit, but no problem being in the airports transit area. Actually in dhaka we had to wait overnight in a downtown hotel, so they took our passports, dchecked us in & adviced us not to leave the hotel, but no problem just walking out & explore that amazing city so we did visa free!!!

Cheers! :p

how about laos & perhaps cambodia?

can't believe thai nationals actually needs visa to go venture there a bit further than imeadiate border towns :dunno::eek:

well thai-cambo not being best of friends I can relate to, but Lao? unbeliveable :banghead:

anyways thanks for the list & I guess it's where most hardened BG find inspiration to earn more money :grinyes:

Thais need a visa for Laos (on the spot visa, same as we would get at the border, no real advantage of getting them in advance, as the busload of people stop for ages to get them anyway) - $30US at the border, or you can get them in advance.

Transit visas are for people who wish to do what you did (ie stay one night in a hotel, while waiting for a connecting flight the next day)... legally. You can leave the airports with a transit visa for this purpose.. to sleep. Staying in the transit area (secure, international area) doesn not require any visa, it's the same as staying on the plane.

re: transit visas.. they are often good for 24 hours, often longer, as your connecting flight could be a few days from when you initially land, or you cound be exiting the country by land (or air, if you entered by land).. if you know what I mean.

Says ib13:

how about laos & perhaps cambodia?

can't believe thai nationals actually needs visa to go venture there a bit further than imeadiate border towns

and burma; poipet, vientiane and tachilek for example. no need to have a visa; they even don't need a passport, just have to show their ID, fill in some form and pay a small (much smaller than we farangs) fee.

If you were taking your honey to St. Vincent, for example, and wanted to transit via the US or the UK, I don't think they would be any more apt to give her a "transit" visa than they would be to give her a tourist visa under normal circumstances. I think you'd probably be stuck in the airport.

And I don't know what they do in the UK, for example, if you fly in from Bangkok to Heathrow, but your flight to the Caribbean connects out of Gatwick (as many of them do). Do they trust you to get from Heathrow to Gatwick without a visa? I'd highly doubt it.

Understood. But the question is, does the UK Embassy greet young, single, unemployed Thai girls applying for a transit visa any more warmly than ones applying for a tourist visa?

Archived