Sabai Lodge/Pattaya

richs

Have read that Sabai Lodge is a good choice for stays in Pattaya... As I am planning on a 4 to 5 day stay in Pattaya the first part of Sept., and it will be my first time there, I would appreciate any reccommendations for a good hotel... Have stayed at GP in BKK many times and really enjoy that level of luxury... Money is not a problem, location and attitude are much more important..

Pianoman

Sabai is clean and decent. I like it, but I don't know if it will be luxurious enough for you. It has the same owner as the massage place. I have not heard of a discount. How much could you save, anyway? Besides, Sabai Massage is mostly a soapy SHORT TIME place. My favorite, by the way. Note that the nice country music place across the street on the little soi, also is owned by the Sabai guy, as is Koh Kroc--his personal f-ing island(!) to which you may tour at a discount if you are a guest. Also note that the Sabai area is a bit of a ways from Walking Street (aka "Ground Zero"), but you can get there via community baht bus for THB10, if you are not a sucker. Have a great time!!!!! laugh.gif" border="0

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

quote:

Originally posted by Pianoman:

Have read that Sabai Lodge is a good choice for stays in Pattaya... As I am planning on a 4 to 5 day stay in Pattaya the first part of Sept., and it will be my first time there, I would appreciate any reccommendations for a good hotel...

Hi, I stayed at Sabai Lodge for 1 week in July. Great place and very friendly staff, particularly one longhaired cutie in the pool bar. But I wouldn't pick the same place another time. It's really little off from any action. You just end up riding a lot of taxi. That is, if you're not into massage parlors, then you better stay put.

O.K., so Sabai Lodge is a little far from the action, where might be closer with a bit of extra comfort and convienences??? Have been told that the Penthouse is too much "In Your Face" sex hotel, and that almost all of the "Better" hotels really frown on Guests...

Pianoman

Mates of mine stay at

Welcome Plaza Hotel 2nd Road near Royal Garden Plaza - Baht800 - quiet but right by the action.

Flipper Lodge or Flipper House - Sois 7 and 8 - Baht 900 right IN the action

Thanks for the replies. I probably wouldn't have saved much anyway with a Sabai Dee barfine discount, but because that's my favorite MP, the idea of a discount for Sabai Lodge guests was appealing. A location closer to Walking Street would be good but I like that Sabai Lodge has bathtubs big enough for a 'shared soak.'

• 4 weeks later...

Archived