Sabai Lodge/Pattaya

richs

Welcome Plaza has safe deposit boxes only at the front counter. But, I like the place, and sometimes you can get a good room for THB600. The sister hotel right next to it has a nicer lobby, but the rooms are the same. Stay at Welcome Plaza, because it is cheaper. You may wish to look at your room before accepting it, because some rooms are nicer than others. And, one side faces the beach, while the other side faces a slum. Some rooms have a door into the adjacent room, which can make for a good suite party. The phones don't work too well, and it hasn't been refurbished since it was built twenty five years ago. But, it is pretty clean, and it is one of the better values in town. Other members may find a sweeter deal in Pattaya, but not significantly sweeter. smile.gif" border="0

Sabai Lodge is not really too far from any action IMHO. There is Classroom2000 GoGo right there on the same Soi along with all the Bar Beers and Soi 6 is a short walk away. Classroom 2000 and the barbeers on Soi2 tend to have better quality even as the night wears on compared to what you find in the main tourist areas IMHO and not so many newbie asshole tourists because it is a bit off the beaten path. The Soi 8+ area is maybe a 15minute walk or you can take a baht bus for 10baht(peanuts). Of course you can always rent a moped for 100baht if you think you'll take more than 10 baht bus rides a day or rent it just for the convenience. Compared to Welcome Plaza (for example) you get a much newer hotel and nicer room for about the same price. I was concerned about the distance myself but after having spent a few days there I got to like the close but not too close feel and REALLY got used to lounging around the pool in the afternoon. I am also a light sleeper and they don't come much quieter than the Sabai Lodge.

quote:

Originally posted by vtombrown:

and it hasn't been refurbished since it was built twenty five years ago
smile.gif" border="0

Oh dear I was planning on satying there next week to try out something new. Is the place really 25 years old? I was in Pattaya in the late 1980's and thought it was being built then.

My regular is Sabai Lodge but I just wanted to try out something new. Perhaps I won't bother..

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by justlooking:

I've read the Sabai Lodge/Pattaya has the same owner as Sabai Dee Massage. I remember a mention on another board of a barfine discount at Sabai Dee for Sabai Lodge guests. Is this true? Thanks!

You can get a discount card from the hotel reception. This allows you to get the "all-in" body massage priced at 1500 baht for 1200 baht. The card is valid for your stay at the hotel.

Archived