Syphilis

Savittre

Hi Guys,

I had a routine check for Syphilis & HIV, as I do from time to time, and this time the doc (who I have found trustworthy) told me I've come in positive on the Syph.

He had given me two blood tests for syphilis, one, VDRL, was negative, but the other (Sorry, I forget the abbreviation, TH- something or other) was positive. He said the test showed that if my blood were diluted 320 times, it would still test positive, which is apparently a pretty strong positive. He has taken a second blood test, he said he needed to find out how long I've been infected, but that syphilis is completely curable.

Here's the point: He says I'll need to get 3 injections, one a week for 3 weeks to clear it up, but I've also looked at the CDC's info, which is different:

Is there a cure for syphilis?

Yes! A single dose of penicillin, an antibiotic, will cure a person who has had syphilis for less than a year. Larger doses are needed to cure someone who has had it for longer than a year.

Now I'm wondering 1. Who's right? and 2. How much, *generally* speaking does it cost for the treatment, for example, in Thailand?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARTS- Yeah, I've been having my fun this year, and BTW, I do use a condom almost 100% of the time, except for those BBBJ's.

Anyway, I had been diagnosed with venereal warts and Aldara was what the doctor (not my usual guy) gave me for it. There was virtually no result, and, when my usual guy came back from vacation, I went to see him. He said 'Those aren't venereal warts. Those are [incomprehensible Latin name]. We just need to jab them with a little Phenol (sp.?) and that's all.'

Well, he jabbed 'em, they fell off after a couple of days and haven't been back.Seems he knows his biz! However it is possible to reinfect yourself, so I've written off a long-time favorite regular, 'cause she has 'em, too. :(

Says Savittre:

Hi Guys,

Here's the point: He says I'll need to get 3 injections, one a week for 3 weeks to clear it up, but I've also looked at the CDC's info, which is different: </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Is there a cure for syphilis?

Yes! A single dose of penicillin, an antibiotic, will cure a person who has had syphilis for less than a year. Larger doses are needed to cure someone who has had it for longer than a year.

Now I'm wondering 1. Who's right? and 2. How much, *generally* speaking does it cost for the treatment, for example, in Thailand?

'Those aren't venereal warts. Those are [incomprehensible Latin name]. We just need to jab them with a little Phenol (sp.?) and that's all.'

Gee some guys have all the luck!!!!!

Yes i have heard of the 3 injection treatment and i believe that this is the method used in Australian state run STD clinics.

Cost: Cheap at any price

Re: your warts, were they called molluscum contagiosum by any chance?

Here is a good site that may answer some questions for you.

syphillis

Treatment of syphillis is with a long-acting penicillin, such as benzathine penicillin. Usually one injection is all you need; treatment failures are treated by 3 weekly injections.

Phenol is pretty caustic-heck, just about anything would fall off if you inject it-so whether you had warts or molluscum is difficult to say.

Hi, thanks for your replies,

You quote: 'Gee some guys have all the luck!!!!!Yes i have heard of the 3 injection treatment and i believe that this is the method used in Australian state run STD clinics.'

YEAH, I'M GETTING REALLY BORED WITH ALL THIS MEDICAL CRAP. MAYBE IT'S JUST THE WAY I FEEL TONIGHT, BUT TROUBLE I'VE BEEN THROUGH LATELY MAKES ME FEEL LIKE GIVING UP ON SEX ALTOGETHER.... :( IT HASN'T BEEN MUCH FUN LATELY!

Re: your warts, were they called molluscum contagiosum by any chance

WELL, I'M NOT A LATIN EXPERT, BUT IT DOES SOUND PRETTY CLOSE TO WHAT THE DOCTOR SAID.

Says Fiery Jack:

"Re: your warts, were they called molluscum contagiosum by any chance...?"

Fucking hell, I think I ordered that as a starter in that Italian restaurant last night
:o
::
:doah:

j
:clown:

Do they go better with red or white wine? ::

Archived