WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!

Hi,

[color:"red"] If your fiancee may never get a visa due to war or her circumstances, she may likewise never get a visa as your wife. For exactly the same reasons. Though I don't know how you figure the war with Iraq has anything to do with a visa for a Thai woman.

[/color]

I hate to agree with you on the visa issue. It will take her longer than getting fiance visa. A lot of people misunderstand that the "spouse" visa is easier to get.

What I find fascinating is, most Indian employees we have can get their spouses (Indian national) t the States, averagely, within 2 months from the day of submitting applications), faster than most Thai women!!!!

Jasmine

UPSer,

"When I got my approval notice the DATE that a lot of websites had as the "we are currently working on these files dated..." has not even come up yet.. This tells me that the INS/BCIS must not always take files in the exact order as they are received..."

1) There are numerous people working on the same catagory of cases, when one clears their desk they get a new stack from the file room. So yes, files can get a bit out of order.

2) Your description of how you assembled your petition is the right way to do it, so it's quite possible that whoever reviewed your petition did put it at the top of their stack because you made it easy for them.

3) I've heard that Nebraska has recently added staff. Files used for training are taken from the file room, not from the stacks already on reviewer's desks. This is one way that some lucky people can advance to the head of the queue.

Regards, JEff

Jasmine,

"A lot of people misunderstand that the "spouse" visa is easier to get."

A spouse visa (CR1 or IR1 varieties) is easier to get - particularly if one recognizes that the spouse will enter as a Permanent Resident (no AOS process to go through). It just takes longer than the fiancee visa. Ease and speed are two different things, chai mai?

"What I find fascinating is, most Indian employees we have can get their spouses (Indian national) t the States, averagely, within 2 months from the day of submitting applications), faster than most Thai women!!!!"

:cussing: I'm not familiar with this, but the problem isn't for Thai women only. The time spent by the BCIS reviewing the initial petition doesn't depend on what country the spouse or fiancee is from, and the consular section in Bangkok is one of the fastest in the world at processing spouse and fiancee visa applications. The problem lies with whatever is the difference in procedure for the foreign workers to 'import' a spouse as compared to citizens.

Regards, JEff

JEff--

I simply copied my friend who did his I-129F earlier in the year.. He made a few missteps (who knew?) and was RFE'ed, which added about 6 weeks on the timeline.. So, when it was my turn we sat down and made the "packet from hell".. Included literally everything imaginable.. certified it, got it sworn, got it notarized, etc... took a bit of time to have that all done, but in the end, I suspect this played a part in the overall time it took..

I've not heard that the Northern SC has added staff... A friend of mine is the Director in Lagunal Nigel (Western SC) and I sent him an email about it.. He said it's very likely as he just got a few more people.. Staffing is not the same at each service center... He also said that, like you mention, they do have some **discretion** in the order in which they work on files.. Since the I-129F does not have a "premium processing" exception as some other visas have, they do try to keep in the first in, first out principle..

--UPSer

Once again!... You guy's have been great!.....Thanks for all the info!.....We've decided to go K1-Fiacee and get married in the USA!.....I guess I just paniced when the WAR broke out!...Thanks Again!....dannyboy1!......PS....KNow anything about "doweries"???? ::

Archived