Landmark, Any Guest hassle?

NokTang

Have a short layover, was thinking you could simply take the elevator(lift) from the lounge level to your room? Search yields only one comment, negative, ID hassle.

(I don't permit ID check or joiner fee)

Please advise any recent experiences, thank you very much.

Nok

I have stayed there twice over the past year and have never been stopped with a guest. Very nice hotel and classy. I would tell you to say a couple of thousand Baht and stay at the Majestic Suites one block down but they may be full. Stayed at Landmark for 5600 baht per night ... Majestic Suites 1650... DOH!

quote:

Originally posted by NokTang:

Just confirmed with another agent at 2400baht inclusive of tax and breakfast.

Anyone with guest hassle comments, please post.

thank you,

Nok

I stayed there 1.5 yrs ago; had a walk in rate for a very nice and big corner-room at the executive-floor (THB4600). AFAIK, there will be a joiner-fee when booking through a travel-agent; for me, there was no joiner-fee as I negotiated it before, but there was an id-check from time to time.

I would advise, asking the hotel for a statement.

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: Horny_Dog ]

Nok,

I haven't stayed there, but I always read it's reviews when they pop up. I can't seem to get a handle on the Landmark because for every fellow who says no guest hassles and no ID check for them, there's another guy who was harassed up and down.

Must be a combination of factors such as which guards and managers are on duty at the time and if the farang and his guest look like Euro/American trash with his hooker.

Knowing your MO, I'm not sure you should take the risk. I've also heard this hotel is going downhill so maybe they will have to relax their guest policy. I believe Jaybloom and maybe Peter G. have given it negative reviews in the last 6 months.

Yes, that is my general impression also. I just have always liked the idea of staying there, right around the corner from Nana Plaza, close enough to Soi 7 and Thermae.

The one time I had the breakfast buffet, it was a real nice meal and set up.

I have also been in the lounge downstairs at night and they have a band, some very limited freelance action, and high priced drinks. I thought there was also an elevator there which I might be able to take and bypass all the guess work of security and reception?

As mentioned, I have this silly tax refund check and have promised myself a good room in Bangkok next trip, one with cable TV and a good bed, no guest hassle. I'm a bit tired of where I have stayed last few years.(name withheld) I don't like Grand President, Marriott a bit out of range price wise, most other "mid range" hotels have guest hassle.

I don't know what to do!!!!

regards,

Nok

Nok I read some time ago a post on the Freelancer Bar Board by you and you said that by asking for ID It labels the lady your with a Sex Worker and your self a Sex Tourst Is that not what you are ? This is NOT A FLAME I just am trying to understand sorry you are a different Nok.

Oh silly man mad.gif" border="0 , have you never had at least a "dream" of getting some non-sex worker in to your room for some perfectly normal relations ending up with your most memorable sexual experience? shocked.gif" border="0 of a lifetime?

Forget it if some guard labels her a whore and you a slut.

No, I don't want to get started on that again, but suffice to say, nobody is going to label me anything without me being able to examine his/her life and label them. No thanks, not this puppy dog.

I take FULL responsibility for any girl I bring to my room, and for my own actions. I simply will not have guards and reception people label us either and do it with some sort of authority like asking for her ID.

Take my offten given example, if I were to visit you, or you me, are you going to expect to be asked for your ID? Of course not! So what is the difference? Simple tongue.gif" border="0 , they are labeling and making assumptions they can make a judgement about your girl and you at a quick glance.

take care, do as you wish, but NO guard or reception staff person is going to get this control and "upper hand" on me, NEVER again, and I could go on and on, but it did fuck up one relationship I had once, and NEVER AGAIN will it happen to me!

Nok laugh.gif" border="0

As I said Nok I was trying to understand and not flame you and after reading your last post I do understand thanks for putting things in a different light !!

Archived